• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

How many hours a week do you practice and/or play guitar?

How many hours a week do you practice and/or play guitar?

• 1 or less

• 2 to 5

• 6 to 10

• 11 to 20

• 21 to 30

• 31 to 40

• 41 or more

• ohter - please explain

Results are only viewable after voting.

5E3

On average, how many hours a week do you practice and/or play guitar?

[oops, spelled other wrong for option 8 :jo]

guitarman_nebr

Silver Supporting Member
i have been playing for 36 years. i have learned quite a bit, but i still put in an hour a day plus a few hours on sunday if i don't gig that weekend.

it keeps the fingers limber and hardened. also, i try to pick a new lick and incorporate it in my playing every week.

Marshall Man

I only get to play a couple of hours a week with work and everything, plus I'm going to Iraq in a few weeks so it's going to be tough to get much playing done.

XKnight

I normally get about an hour a day in. I haven't gigged in over 25 years and just returned to playing a couple of years ago. I'm much better now than I when I gigged. Too bad I don't really have time for a band anymore.

Simto

11-20.. i wish i had more time though... it's pretty much the only thing i can 100% focus on.

fyrwyr

I try to wiggle my fingers at least 15 minutes a day, just to stay somewhat in shape...

sinner

2 hours in the morning, 3-4 hours at night after work, maybe get an hour while at work, Total: 42 hours a week

and I still suck, but improving.

geoangus

Silver Supporting Member
I don't play so much anymore, 2-5hrs/week, on a good week. Back 20 years ago when I played alot, maybe a 2-3 hours per day. But seldom through an amp (gear was stored at the bassist's house). Looking back, I would have rather spent 2-5 hours a week learning tone rather than tunes.

5E3

I sort of guessed that if most players averaged 1 hour a day the 6~10 would lead the poll, and so far that is the case.

For you folks playing 21 or more hours a week, amazing! The guitar must feel like an extension of your arms and hands! I don't think my wrists and fingers could handle that much playing time. I'm jealous!

:BEER

Blingdogg

I play an hour each day after coming home from work. Sometimes a bit more, like an hour and a half.

On the weekends usually about an hour-long session each day for Saturday and Sunday too, but there are times when I play two sessions each day.

So I voted 6-10 hours.

Trending Topics