How many hours a week do you practice and/or play guitar?

How many hours a week do you practice and/or play guitar?

• 1 or less

• 2 to 5

• 6 to 10

• 11 to 20

• 21 to 30

• 31 to 40

• 41 or more

• ohter - please explain

Results are only viewable after voting.

5E3

On average, how many hours a week do you practice and/or play guitar?

[oops, spelled other wrong for option 8 :jo]

i have been playing for 36 years. i have learned quite a bit, but i still put in an hour a day plus a few hours on sunday if i don't gig that weekend.

it keeps the fingers limber and hardened. also, i try to pick a new lick and incorporate it in my playing every week.

Marshall Man

I only get to play a couple of hours a week with work and everything, plus I'm going to Iraq in a few weeks so it's going to be tough to get much playing done.

XKnight

I normally get about an hour a day in. I haven't gigged in over 25 years and just returned to playing a couple of years ago. I'm much better now than I when I gigged. Too bad I don't really have time for a band anymore.

Simto

11-20.. i wish i had more time though... it's pretty much the only thing i can 100% focus on.

fyrwyr

I try to wiggle my fingers at least 15 minutes a day, just to stay somewhat in shape...

sinner

2 hours in the morning, 3-4 hours at night after work, maybe get an hour while at work, Total: 42 hours a week

and I still suck, but improving.

geoangus

Silver Supporting Member
I don't play so much anymore, 2-5hrs/week, on a good week. Back 20 years ago when I played alot, maybe a 2-3 hours per day. But seldom through an amp (gear was stored at the bassist's house). Looking back, I would have rather spent 2-5 hours a week learning tone rather than tunes.

5E3

I sort of guessed that if most players averaged 1 hour a day the 6~10 would lead the poll, and so far that is the case.

For you folks playing 21 or more hours a week, amazing! The guitar must feel like an extension of your arms and hands! I don't think my wrists and fingers could handle that much playing time. I'm jealous!

:BEER

Blingdogg

I play an hour each day after coming home from work. Sometimes a bit more, like an hour and a half.

On the weekends usually about an hour-long session each day for Saturday and Sunday too, but there are times when I play two sessions each day.

So I voted 6-10 hours.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom