How many OD/Distortions do you have on your board?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by dr.circles, Mar 2, 2008.

1. dr.circles

dr.circles Member

How did you end up with that many? Why do you use the ones that you still do?

2. Rob Eadgbe

Rob Eadgbe Member

Three: Zendrive, BB Preamp, and RC Booster

I use the Zen for lower gain, the BB for medium gain, and stack the two for sustainy leads. I use the RC as a volume booster to make leads stand out.

3. RDM

RDM Senior Member

5 OD's. They're all used for something different.

4. cr8z4life

cr8z4life Member

AC, RC, BB, OCD.......as soon as my BB plus arrives in a few weeks I might be thinning this down!

5. gregory49

gregory49 Member

ughh three right now which could be considered four Landgaff LDO, and Boost .. also a sunlion which is sunface/beano boost.. looking for another rhythem OD though.

6. Lolaviola

Lolaviola Supporting Member

1 usually gets the job done. I like the way amps sound. If I want a cleaner tone, I reach over and adjust the amp. I occasionally use a fuzz for over the top stuff, or a micro amp if I need to be louder.

7. michaelvincent

michaelvincent Member

Three. A tube screamer for my main distortion, a Fulltone OCD to kick the TS in the butt for leads, and a Blues Driver for a very very light overdrive for a couple songs that need it. Nothing out of the ordinary, really, but it gets the job done.

8. this1smyne

this1smyne Member

i use 3 'OD' pedals, really only 2 (the fuzz doesn't get much action); than i flavor them heavily with my TMB and Comp/wah. I'll almost always have 1 on (usually the light side of the TIM) and use the 808 to boost leads and for rythym stuff... the comp thickens stuff up for riffs/single note and the TMB drives the OD a little more for clarity (treble booster) and sometimes just for gain (modern/katana). But i'd like to get my hands on an OCD sometime in the future, my buddies got one and they kick a whole buch of butt.

9. TheGuildedAge

TheGuildedAge Member

None. Both my amps now give me the gain I need. In the past I had up to 3 plus a boost. I am happy not to have any, I prefer amp distortion for most things.

10. lifele55

lifele55 Member

Currently only 2... Bad Monkey and Reezafratzitz. With a LPB-1 always on at the end of chain before the delay to give that breakup cleans...

11. zion

zion Supporting Member

1 - MP Sky Blue OD - This pedal because its real good. I go through pedals like crazy, so who knows what tomorrow will bring. But I do like my amp's dirt and I have a booster to push it when needed as well.

12. mrt

mrt Member

do you guys ever run into massive feedback problems at high gain settings?

I use a Crunch Box, I was thinking about getting a older RAT pedal for a boost on solo's, but I tried running the ZAKK OD pedal as a boost(kinda) just for Solo's and just got massive feedback?

13. HurricaneJesus

HurricaneJesus Member

Three: Analogman DS-1 for high gain, TS-808 RI for lower gain, and Analogman Silver-mod TS-9 for lower than that. The TS-808 cascaded into the TS-9 is my usual solo tone, though.

Actually since my zendrive is in the mail I'll pry swap out the TS-808 for that and then see what happens...
    That's my cover band board.
    On my original band board I've got a ZIM and a Peppermint Fuzz.

14. IRG

IRG Member

3 OD/Distortion pedals, a Skreddy Screwdriver>Keeley TS-9>Crunchbox. This is followed by 3 fuzzes, a double Monsterpiece and a Moho Muff. Before all of that is a BBE Freq Boost treble booster. I got a lot of variety here.

15. giggedy

giggedy Member

3 plus a boost.

16. HurricaneJesus

HurricaneJesus Member

Oh are we counting fuzz? Well, then put a Sunface in mine then.

17. markom89

markom89 Senior Member

Two, right now.
    :
    Landgraff custom voiced LDO
    &
    Lovepedal Eternity.

I use them both for the exact same thing.

Cheers,

Marko M.

18. MagicNelson

MagicNelson Supporting Member

I've got 2 OD/Distortions and 1 fuzz. MI Audio Blue Boy > Keeley RAT > Fender Blender

19. Sikor

Sikor Member

I have 3 ODs: Fulltone OCD v3, MI Audio Crunch Box + Tube Zone
    ...and 2 boosts: MI Audio Boost&Buff, EHV LPB-1

20. d-b

d-b Member

Five-Analogman Peppermint Fuzz, ZVex Super Duper 2in1 (I use one side cranked like an OD), Fulltone OCD, ZVex Box of Rock, and Fulltone Fulldrive 2. I like having wide ranges of light, medium, to heavy OD at my feet without having to bend over and adjust much. Three of these pedals have a boost side so there is almost limitless possibilities.