How many of you guys used to hang at Harmony Central?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by modernp, Dec 3, 2014.

1. Blues Wail

Blues Wail Member

I was banned constantly then I would beg Philly cheese steak to give me a reprieve. TGIH

2. Blues Wail

Blues Wail Member

Hey brother!! Recovery has been slo and steady but, still in the race so to speak. This thread however old brought me back to a better place in time!! I hope that your doing well ole friend. Not to be believed but, I am in a country rock band. Using a Boss ME 70 lol through our PA and my Taylor. It’s a blast!! How things Can change paisan. Love and respect to bro!!

3. FLYING V 83

FLYING V 83 Gibson Geezer Silver Supporting Member

Back at ya! Glad to hear you're still behind the wheel.
    Country rock, cool beans!
    (any excuse to bring out the boots again, right? ;))
    Peace brother!
    :beer

Blues Wail likes this.
  4. drifterphase

drifterphase Member

Where’s Loobs? Inscho? Jbrazz?

Blues Wail likes this.
  5. Blues Wail

Blues Wail Member

it is pretty fun. New ground is good!! Now if I could only play as good as Glen Campbell.

FLYING V 83 likes this.
  6. Thumpalumpacus

Thumpalumpacus Member

I registered there and poked around a little, but it seemed like the BS:fact ratio was pretty high so I never got into it. I was a latecomer to it, though -- perhaps 2009 or so? -- so what do I know.

Blues Wail likes this.
  7. whateverdude

whateverdude Supporting Member

Guilty party, I use to love that place, I started buying pedals off the classified section around 2000, around the same time I stumbled onto analogmans website where instant gas formed. I didn't start actually posting in the forum a few years later.

8. abby_normal

abby_normal Member

Hmm, I never registered and lurked, but at the time I was more interested in OLGA for my bands cover songs. Never once ventured into those forums. Guess I missed out, huh?

9. T Dizz

T Dizz Member

10. goodhonk

goodhonk Member

I still post there, in the political party forum. They just had another upgrade/update. It’s actually an improvement.

lefort_1 and Blues Wail like this.
  11. drbob1

drbob1 Silver Supporting Member

I was there are the beginning. I posted a LOT of gear reviews, most of which have disappeared in various updates and reboots (kind of a shame, there was some weird stuff I reviewed that I've never seen since). I bought and sold a TON of gear in the classifieds. Then the BS started to get deeper and I just gradually transitioned to the LPF and TGP and never went back.

12. InAbsentia

InAbsentia Member

That place was my jam in the early 00's, learned a ton and met some really great people. Also got some killer deals and trades from the classifieds. I don't even remember what my username was, I tried to get back in a couple years ago and it never did work, but I've been a TGP member for a little shorter but I feel like I may have learned more here, but also spent a ton more because of this place, lol.

TGIH!! I had no idea that was you, hope all is well with you, friend!!

lefort_1, Blues Wail and Mr. Crow like this.
  13. Kidrock1986

Kidrock1986 Member

The start of my GAS actually. And really pushed mo to risk and buy outside my country to get the latest since there were few music stores or literally none during mid 2000 that carries gear discussed in the forums. :D

14. oxtone

oxtone Member

Used to visit, but gave it up a long time ago. Found The Gear Page, and never looked back. HC was just too juvenile.

Blues Wail, ToneGrail and WWLaidback like this.
  15. WWLaidback

WWLaidback Member

ditto. I had a creepy stalker-kid that trolled about every post over at HC. His pic had nasty looking black bumps all over his face, and his music sounded like sheet to me. He finally got me banned, because "I wasn't liked". No particular post was brought up in my "review". I was just "voted" out.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2019
  16. Vishnu

Vishnu Member

There was a guy there (as funny as fu*k) Forktool was his name....anyone know what happened to him?

17. drifterphase

drifterphase Member

Nicely said. Couldn't agree more.

18. Madsen

Madsen Member

Spent some time at HC. Migrated to Gearslutz after things went south. Found this place a few years later.

19. Tom Gross

Tom Gross Silver Supporting Member

Epic battles. I remain online friends with John. He turned me on to Tom Anderson guitars. And I still have a bunch of mp3s from CarlF of awesome classic rock rarities.

lostpoet2 and Blues Wail like this.
  20. Blues Wail

Blues Wail Member

Lol! I almost had to fess up to it. Yes. That was me!! Doing ok after suffering a stroke. Learning to play again was the most frustrating part. How are you?? Be well and God bless!

EL34 and InAbsentia like this.