How many of you have a HD500 and a DT amp?

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by clintmartin, Feb 11, 2012.

1. clintmartin

clintmartin Member

I've had mine for awhile now and loving it! I only use a few amps so far (because that's all I need for the time being) but would love it if a few of us could start sharing patches and maybe learning something along the way. I usually have a basic setup of a clean rig with chorus, delay and reverb and, a highgain with gate, delay and reverb. DT patches are hard to find and customtone is tedious. Anyway if anyone is interested....

2. rmpacheco

rmpacheco Member

I do...it's great, but I am going to have to sell the pair because I have other expenses that have come up. I've put them up for sale on the local craigslist (DFW) but if they don't sell I'll put them up here on TGP. Good luck with yours though...I really am sad to have to let mine go. :(

3. Gtrman100

Gtrman100 Member

I do, plus a JTV69. I'd be glad to send you my setlist, if you PM me. Many of the patches are for specific tunes with my cover band, most are generic amp builds. I love them- it's an amazing rig.

4. teetopkram

teetopkram Member

Just curious...do you have the DT25 or DT50?

5. clintmartin

clintmartin Member

pm sent.
    I'll have my rig back home tuesday and I'll sent you what I've been using. Basically 4 patches.

6. rmpacheco

rmpacheco Member

DT25

7. CaptainCrunch

CaptainCrunch Member

I am a club member also. :)

8. Tarkus

Tarkus Member

I have the full monty HD500+2xDT50's. A bit of overkill but hey...If you can schlep one you can schlep two. As long as I lift more at the gym I'll keep them.

I love mine but I'm using more patches than that. Currently gigging with about 12 patches but many of those are for one or two songs or just for a certain solo. I Really have 2-3 that cover 69% of what I play.

HD500 is currently in the shop getting the USB replaced...under warranty thank goodness.

9. DougDoppler

DougDoppler Member

Hey guys!

I am still using this gear, though mainly the HD500 and DT50 head and matching cab. I've spent countless hours in HD Edit and would be happy to share some patches, but might want to wait until v2.0 comes out next week. Saw the thread and figured I'd drop in. In case you haven't seen these videos, we spent a lot of time trying to make the highly intensive interaction between this gear as straight forward as we could on the following videos...

Cheers,

Doug...

10. Ransome

Ransome Supporting Member

I have come very close to replicating my effects chain below with my HD500 and Dt25. So far I am loving them both!

11. clintmartin

clintmartin Member

Hey Doug I've watched those videos (Actually several months ago), very nice stuff. I would love to try some of your patches. I wish customtone had an area for hd+DT patches. I hope to find some people willing to share ideas.

12. Hellbound

Hellbound Member

I got the 500 + DT 50. Amazed everytime I play iy.

I'm just starting to rework my patches from the time before I had the DT25 and tweak them up a bit. It's a slow job cos I just wanna play the thing and not tweak.

13. beckerman

beckerman Member

I have the HD500, DT25 and JTV59. I'm very pleased with it but haven't been playing much lately to have delved too deeply

14. DougDoppler

DougDoppler Member

Hey Clint:)

1) Thanks for the kind words:) I put a lot of time into making those videos not just marketing pieces, but ones that players like you and I could take away some practical approaches to workflow that in many ways put the manuals to life with a real person actually plugging and playing what the manuals talk about, but so you could hear the examples...

2) As far as Custom Tone, Rich Renken is pretty active on this forum and the Line6 guys are not only smart, but they listen to what people want. The idea of having a custom tone area for HD500>DT Series users is a really good one in that they are obviously going to be different presets and there is no way to denote that in the current CT format. RICH are you reading this???

3) I'm going to wait until v.2 comes out and see what happens with my existing tones before sharing them. It's actually one of the hardest things about sharing sounds is that as firmware changes the sounds change too. There are far more good reasons for this than bad, but it does mean that the sounds that people spend much time creating change over time, which is the case regardless of platform...

4) I use my HD500 and DT50 head + 4x12cab as my "Sunday" rig and it's just great for that. I have the luxury of leaving my head and cab on site for weeks when I'm rostered. I show up and the sound team already has it mic'd up. The only thing I've found is that this cab likes to be mic'd a bit further away from the dust cap than some of my other cabs, but it sounds great FOH. Also, if you can use two mics if possible to capture the contrast of the two different speakers in the 4x12 (x pattern) as this makes for some nice stereo separation FOH...

5) I've been flying with the HD500 for some time and this little clip is something from the BreakForth conference in Canada a few weeks back from an evening show I did with Norm Stockton and Zoro (WHAT a rhythm section). I'm running the HD500 into the loop on a Marshall JVM. As much as I've sworn off slant cabinets, that's what was there that night and in that kind of a situation it REALLY helped me hear the nuances I needed to hear on the guitar.

Cheers,

Doug;)

15. bverdon

bverdon Member

Great vids! Thanks! The more I see these Variax vids, I want one! stop please..

I have had my DT50 1X12 and HD500 rig for over a year and I am still amazed on how good this thing sounds. Funny thing is...a custom tone HD/DT specific place to drop and pick up tones was one of the first things I thought Line6 needed...I just figured there weren't enough of us to support that...maybe there is now! Let's hope so.

16. clintmartin

clintmartin Member

17. Mike Taras

Mike Taras Member

I have been giging with the Pod HD500 with the DT25 through a 2x12 cab. Best sounding rig I have had in the 9 years i have been playing in a band!!! i have had Blackster Series One, Marshall, Egnater, Peavey JSX, Mesa Express and a Carvin Legacy.

18. doochey

doochey Member

Absolutely love the dream rig! I've got Jtv69>HD500>Dt25 the possibilities are dizzying. By far the best tone I've ever had. Wanted to share a crazy setup I'm doing right now that I love. So you obviously can't run a stereo rig without two DT25s, but I have a Mustang III and I love the Deluxe Reverb on it. So I made this one patch that I just can't live without(called Blues on Fender FUSE if you're interested.) What I've done is created a patch on the HD500 where I have an FX loop in the chain and then the amps are split into two chains with one going to the DT25 and they other a dummy amp. Then I set EXP-1 to control the mix of the FX Loop, set it to 50%, and bam I've got two amps running. It's not stereo, but the Mustang Deluxe Reverb mixed with the Park 75 is magical. Here's a picture of the patch if anyone wants to try the same setup.

Also for you JTV-69 user does anyone here a weird out-of-tune harmonic on the g-string when playing through certain amps in the HD500? I haven't found enough info yet to report it, but its very annoying. I download this patch on Customtone called "Dumble ODS" that sounds great, but I get the weird undertone with it.

Ryan

http://postimage.org/image/r75yq96m5/

19. Hellbound

Hellbound Member

Great idea Doochey.

Are you using the Line 6 interface into the DT? And I guess a line out to the Mustang?

20. Pietro

Pietro 2-Voice Guitar Junkie and All-Around Awesome Guy

I wonder if it's related to the warbling pitch-seeking garbage when you play a harmonic on the 12-string acoustic model... only on the G string. I'm sure the G string is the hardest to track pitch on.