How many of your pedals have made it off of the chopping block?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by guitarslinger21, Feb 22, 2012.

1. guitarslinger21

guitarslinger21 Member

Recently, I put a dozen or so pedals up for sale. Nine of them sold almost right away. I didn't really need most of these pedals, and I didn't miss them. I bought them on hype anyways (pharaoh, lunar mod, etc). A couple, however, didn't move on the market, even though the prices ranged from reasonable to crazy low.

I found myself curious about how they sounded and why I was selling them.

so, last night, I plugged in my Skreddy Supa Tone and my Malekko 616. Dayyyum, they sounded soo good. SO, off the block, I say. I recouped plenty of pedal money from the other sales, so let's keep 'em around!

How about you? Did you fall in love all over again before anything sold?

2. blackba

blackba Supporting Member

My gear always sounds the best before I pack it up to ship it, whether its a guitar, pedal, amp, etc. When I have something for sale I don't play it until its sold, then I fire it up one more time just to make sure everything is in 100% working order before I ship. Its this last time that the gear always shines more than I remember it.

3. StratStringSlinger

StratStringSlinger Member

Funny, that's happens a lot to me too. But usually I sell something b/c I don't need that sound and not b/c it sucks, I always try to buy the best stuff but music preferences change.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2012
  4. Lolaviola

Lolaviola Supporting Member

I take stuff off the chopping block all the time. Most recently was a Hendrix FF and a Supa-Trem.
    I like the FF because I have never liked silicon fuzzface clones till I got this one. The Supa-Trem is a very musical pedal that is fun to use live. I just feel like trem is goofy, all alone in the bedroom, but it's fun to use live.

5. zosozep7

zosozep7 Gold Supporting Member

I tell ya, the Skreddy Supa Tone is one of Marcs most underrated pedals! I sold my Ernie because I thought the Supa was just as good.

6. rp108

rp108 Member

I sold a bunch of pedals and regret a few. I wish I kept the Strymon Orbit and the Neunaber WET reverb.

7. cheameup

cheameup Member

my 2002 fuzz factory has made it off the sale block about 5 times.

every time I put it up I just cant do it , I only play with it at home once i a while but I just cant sell the bugger

8. Farbulous

Farbulous Member

I keep thinking about selling my Lock & Rock Quick Boost as it is probably as rare as they come, and quite unique in my mind, but I don't think I'll ever do actually do it. I can't remember the last time I even plugged it in tho!

9. Abandoned

Abandoned Member

10. AXXA

AXXA Supporting Member

I actually fell in love with my FD2 for the first time right before I tried to trade it. Literally on the way out the door, it occurred to me that I had never played it through my new Tiny Terror. I plugged it in, and thats when I realized what comp cut was for. My FD2 has never left my board since! I had previously been underwhelmed by it because I was trying to use it as an OD into a clean amp, but it works SO much better as a boost into a dirty amp IMO.

I sold a couple pedals that I liked a lot, but wanted to replace them with more useful stuff. Once they sold, I didn't play them a bit, because I knew that might make me change my mind. Speaking of which, I'm starting to regret selling my Octafuzz.....

11. LowWatt

LowWatt Member

Ryan made Skinpimp MK3. It doesn't work well with my band's sound and I don't use it enough to justify keeping it around, but every time I put it up and then play through it, I just can't.