• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

How Many Ohms is This Cab?

elmoregibbons

G&S,

I have briefly studied Parallel and Series and am successfully confused.

What say ye about this cab's ohmage?

Speakers are all 8 Ohm...

alberob

Its series /paralell.16 ohms on the left and right in series then then 2 16 ohm setups are in parallel with each other= 8 ohms:)

elmoregibbons

Thanks people.

I read in another thread that 4 - 8 ohm speakers cannot be configured to 16 ohm. (math thing)

However, since I have two 16 ohm amps, I'm thinking of cutting the jumpers between the two parallels and plugging one amp into each jack.

Correct?

alberob

Yes as long as you make sure you wind up with the series wired speakers on both sides.if you have 2 output jacks wired in parallel cut the jumpers out between them and you will be left with 16 ohms on both sides.:dude

donnyjaguar

By first approximations that sounds fine. Most every 4x12 cabinet I've seen is wired with 4x8Ω speakers wired like yours. I wired one of mine for 2 sets of 16Ω each. The amplifier in question has two outputs which I wired as 16Ω and 16Ω such that when you plugged the second set in it uses the 8Ω tap instead.

elmoregibbons

Yes as long as you make sure you wind up with the series wired speakers on both sides.if you have 2 output jacks wired in parallel cut the jumpers out between them and you will be left with 16 ohms on both sides.:dude
My spiffy Etch-A-Sketch diagram is exactly how it's wired.
So I'm going to snip off those jumpers and plug one amp into each jack.

Thanks again

Trending Topics