1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

How many ohm's?

Discussion in 'Amps/Cabs Tech Corner: Amplifier, Cab & Speakers' started by spooky, Aug 14, 2005.

1. spooky

spooky Guest

Hi there,

I have a Fender Bassman head, it's a AB165 Circuit model, I think a 1968. I'm looking for a matching cabinet. Does anyone know how many ohm's this head is and what are the rules for the # of ohm's I should look for in a cabinet? i.e. should I only get a cabinet that matches the # of ohm's or can I get one that is higher or lower in # of ohm's than the head is?

thanks for any info

spooky
    san francisco

2. spooky

spooky Guest

Alright,

I think I understand it now. Thanks a lot for the info!

spooky

3. RL in Fla

RL in Fla Member

I guess I shoulda have specified which line it was on .

Speakers/Load: 2 x 12"/4 ohms total (8 ohms each in parallel)