• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

How many pedals is average?

Avgerage number of pedals?

• 16+

Results are only viewable after voting.

LavaMan

What is the average number of pedals on most boards? I know this varies some but I am interested in the average here....

jaywalker

Depends on if you mean pub boards, festival boards, studio boards etc I suppose.

I know my own average is quite a lot (20+) for studio stuff, but maybe 10 for standard cover gigs.

I guess you mean on average across the board though?

J

gururyan

If, by chance, this was try to figure out how many pedals worth of patches would be needed for a "pedalboard kit" per se, I would say whatever the "average" is plus two pedals. This way when I got a loaner pedal or a new pedal, I could easily drop it in for A/B reasons or maybe for a special gig.

forum_crawler

I have over 16 pedals, and would love a Lavacable kit for them. I am gravitating towards a Voodoo Lab switching type of set-up so a kit that won't cost me hundreds would be awesome!

Slideman

I was always under the philosophy of "build it and they will come" -- meaning the bigger the board I happened to have, the more stuff I tried to fit on it...which got really expensive.

I'm now down to a pedaltrain mini -- only five on...with a wah off the board...for a total of 6.

In reality Wah, OD, Distortion, some modulation effect and a delay are all you need.

Moe45673

I beg to differ. Except for hard rock/metal, one OD pedal would suffice.

My stripped down board is comp, OD, and lead boost. If I didn't use an SS amp, I could probably get by without the compressor and I guess a lead boost isn't a necessity. One good OD can make all the difference in the world, though.

I'd say average across the board (har har) would be 4

Wheeler004

If you are trying to come up with a number for patch cable kits, you could always offer them in a few different sizes- one with 6 cables, one with 10, one with 14 or something like that.

The Kid

I can get away with a wah and a good od. The rest is just variety and flavor. I do however love variety and flavor.

Ben C.

Are you sure about that? Or are you just kidding? You never know. Some people try to be funny when they post.
No, I'm not sure about that. I'm just trying to play the other side just for ***** I think. Really, the whole sentence is sort of the problem because it is written in a grammatically awkward way. Should be more something like, "What is the average number of pedals to have on a pedalboard?" which is what he said in his first post. But the title is, yes, a bit awkward. Buuuuuut back on topic...

B_of_H

do tuners and true bypass loopers count?

here is my setup from a close friends birthday party we played:

Optical Comp*> dual loop for tuner out and for - vp* and wah*, boost* w/ a/b loops>TS* into ocd*, orange squeezer* and english channel*>Tremolo*>DD20*

that is 10.

the orange squeezer and english channel were for a specific song that we don't always play.

M

Member 995

Are you asking me how many pedals I have? Or are you asking me how many pedals other players have, on average?

Jon C

Gold Supporting Member
depends for me on the gig ... for a blues gig, 1 or 2 plus tuner ... for more wide ranging stuff, 6 to 8 plus tuner even though 3-4 (wah; chorus; fuzz for ex.) may only be used for 1 or 2 or 3 tunes a night.

Trending Topics