• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

How many Strats are enough?

frankencat

Guitarded
Gold Supporting Member
Lessee...right now I have 5 Strats...

'15 Kirn Signature
'0? Grosh Retro Classic
01 Fender Highway 1
'92 G&L Legacy
14 Squire CV 60's

I would buy another one if the opportunity was right. :)

How about you?

groovington

I have 3 that I really like...

'02 Clapton strat
'97 California Series
'91 MIJ 50's reissue

All have different pickups which make them great for slight variations of tones. 1 is setup tuned down a half step with heavier strings. I wouldn't mind adding another, but with my pickiness it's gonna have to be one of those nice shades of light blue (daphne or sonic) and a hell of player, so I'm expecting it to take some time for me to find the fourth.

Last edited:

59Bassman

Plank Cranker
Gold Supporting Member
If you're talking true SSS strats only, I'd say 3. If you're including alternative trems, HSS, HH, HS, or HSH configurations, then I refuse to answer the question because my wife may read this someday.

filtersweep

1 is one too many ;)

Actually, I have the perfect Strat.... that I never use.

I was thinking the other day as I was GASing over an SG that I already have four dual HB guitars. I purchased a Jaguar instead.

What really is the purpose of owning multiple Strats? Really? By multiple, lets say 'more than two.' Nothing wrong with a backup...

59Bassman

Plank Cranker
Gold Supporting Member
1 is one too many ;)

Actually, I have the perfect Strat.... that I never use.

I was thinking the other day as I was GASing over an SG that I already have four dual HB guitars. I purchased a Jaguar instead.

What really is the purpose of owning multiple Strats? Really? By multiple, lets say 'more than two.' Nothing wrong with a backup...
If you're a strat player, then more than 2 can make sense. I could easily see 3 - if you're #1 is an alder/rosewood, you "need" a backup in that configuration. And you probably also need an ash/maple for your "Lenny" covers. Then you may need a hard tail. And one with a humbucker in the bridge. Maybe one with a Filtertron in the bridge. An HS one with a Floyd. An HSH set up for fusion....

Yes, you need more strats.

Clyde Billt

Gold Supporting Member
Oly white maple.
Oly white rosewood.
Red maple.
Red rosewood.
Hot Rod Red with bound rosewood.
Black maple white 'guard.
Black maple black 'guard.
Sonic Blue maple.
Sonic Blue rosewood.
'57 two tone sunburst.
'62 three tone sunburst.
Rory sig.
Clapton sig.
SRV sig.
80's japan

That is the answer.
15 strats are enough.

Maybe one more

filtersweep

Oly white maple.
Oly white rosewood.
Red maple.
Red rosewood.
Hot Rod Red with bound rosewood.
Black maple white 'guard.
Black maple black 'guard.
Sonic Blue maple.
Sonic Blue rosewood.
'57 two tone sunburst.
'62 three tone sunburst.
Rory sig.
Clapton sig.
SRV sig.
80's japan

That is the answer.
15 strats are enough.

Maybe one more
You need serious help! ;)

How much of this need is cosmetic? Like matching your strat to your shoes?

I bought a guitar from a man who had about 15 of them in his livingroom. He was single. I don't think he had many visitors, and I felt pressured to stay....

.....or as my wife says, 'oh no.... Not another one with a case!'

But seriously, is this about tonal nuances? A collector approach? Untreated OCD?

I am genuinely curious. I only own 7 guitars in total- seeking to learn from the masters how to justify these extremes.

stevieboy

Clouds yell at me
Gold Supporting Member
One's enough for me.

Forty isn't enough for someone out there.

Neither of us are wrong!

Clyde Billt

Gold Supporting Member
You need serious help! ;)
Hey @filtersweep I agree.
I need serious help in the financial department

With the 3 signatures it's about the feel of the neck (and I'm a long time huge Rory fan)
With the Hot Rod Red bound neck it's the feel of the bound neck and the cosmetic appeal.

'57s are ash body and the '62s are alder and they sound different. And yep....they both look cool.

The Oly White, Red and Sonic Blues rosewood and maple necks feel different and sound different. And Mr Cosmetic rears his head again

The blacks are pure cosmetic.
Sometimes I feel Jimi and sometimes I feel Edge
:wave

The 80's jap is nostalgia.

However I feel the need to amend my post.

15 is the minimum.
That is the answer.
15 strats are the minimum.

budglo58

Silver Supporting Member
I have 3 and considering another. Each one feels a lot different and my approach to playing them varies as well.

frankencat

Guitarded
Gold Supporting Member
1. There is no correct or incorrect answer.
2. All Strats are different.
3. I like to match guitars with my outfit. :cool:

Trending Topics