• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

How much for 77 Marshall JMP???

CAC

Hi guys, I have a musician friend who has a 1977 100 watt Marshall JMP for sale with no mods. It has a few tears but it overall in excellent condition. He told me it was made for the Japanese market as there is a voltage switch I think he said on the front of the amp. Anyways, I played it last night last set with my band and really thought it sounded great. I don't want to lowball him, but also don't want to pay too high a price. What do you think would be a reasonable offer? Thanks!

scriptphase

You mean a third rocker switch on the front? If so, those were made for the Canadian market.

Any pics?

Braciola

Gold Supporting Member
Master Vol, right?
Start by offering him $1000.00
I wouldn't pay more than $1200.00

It has a few tears but it overall in excellent condition.
I personally would not call a few tears in the tolex "excellent" condition. There are plenty out there without messed up tolex. (Naturally, these few tears may be extremely minor.) In any case, I'd start looking at similar years with no tears, and use those as a base price, then subtract for damage.

Original transformers/caps/other?

CAC

I personally would not call a few tears in the tolex "excellent" condition. There are plenty out there without messed up tolex. (Naturally, these few tears may be extremely minor.) In any case, I'd start looking at similar years with no tears, and use those as a base price, then subtract for damage.

Original transformers/caps/other?
Sorry, I should have said excellent working condition. I didn't look inside, but he said all original. I will have to check that out. He told me Japanese market, but must be Canadian as there is the third switch on front.

Custom Deluxe

Which tubes does it have it? US-versions had 6550's which sound different than EL-34's. Not better or worse, just different.

Plus 6550's are going to cost you much more to replace when that time comes. I had one back in the '90's. I paid $150 for it.

Trending Topics