• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

How much guitar will a grand get you?

blues junkie

You got $1,000.00 what will that get you? A Tele? Les Paul? Strat?

Is that enough to get a great guitar?

Inquiring minds want to know.

lamenlovinit

I don't buy gibson strictly because they cost too much. I'd love a nice SG or Firebird, so don't think I'm bashing gibson. I'd also love to have a starbucks everytime I drink coffee too, but I haven't had one in 6 years because it costs too much :rotflmaoBut a patiently, carefully spent grand will get you (used of course) an amazing G&L, an AVRI Fender of your choice (strat, tele, jazzmaster, jaguar), a superb hamer (a 93 P90 special will run under $700 and is arguably as good as ANY Les Paul Junior clone you can buy anywhere), a yamaha SGV 300 (three actually), 1 and a half Hallmark customs (pretty good moserite copy), and lots of other killer guitars.

Great time to buy if you can afford it. Just like it's a great time to buy anything if you can afford it. You just have to deal with the karma of taking advantage of another musician whose back is against the wall... :(

GAD

Wubbalubbadubdub
Gold Supporting Member
With patience it can get you a LOT of guitar on the used market.

GAD

'70 RS

On the used market right now you could pick up an entire gigging/recording rig for $1,000.

It may not be boutique gear, but it will be enough to cover the needs of any player on this board.

Polynitro

id get a vox ac30cc..oh wait guitar? Id buy a hotrod52 body and 52RI neck and slap together a keef Tele with a don mare super sport bridge and a matched novak paf neck

Jahn

Listens to Johnny Marr, plays like John Denver
Silver Supporting Member
If you're patient, you can get a USA '52 Tele reissue for that, or even an Eric Johnson strat if you're really patient. PRS CE22 drop in there once in a while too. Never seen an ES-335 go for that, but ES-135 yes. Those Les Paul Doublecuts ("LP DC") can drop down in there once in a while, as do SGs. Les Paul Studios do as well, like the all mahoghany one. Hmm, that's a good starter list I guess.

buy three used epiphones/ibanez/agiles/reverands...
or two NEW epiphone/ibanez/agiles/reverands
plenty of $$ left over to replace all the electronics/pups...
now you have three great guitars

screww paying for a name on the headstock (he says as he pulls on his Guess jeans and Armani sweater) :)

asattwanger

The best guitar you will get for a $1000 is a G&L. Hands down no need to look any farther. Just as good are the mint used ones for $700.

Seawardson

You can get a really nice japanese made guitar ie Tokai, Edwards, Epi Elitist, Fender Japan, etc, and probably save a few hundred. If you're willing to pay a few hundred more, you can move up to some Heritage Models. I got a really nice H535 for $1250.

M

Member 995

I got a great '86 ASAT for around $700. A really inspiring instrument.

edwardsforest

seems like 1000 is right on the middle these days... you can get those 800+ guitars, or spend more and get something more custom....
im probably wrong

Trending Topics