How much is a Timmy new?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by otherone, Mar 8, 2006.

1. otherone

otherone Supporting Member

If you get one from Paul Cochrane directly, how much are they? thanks

2. autopilot

autopilot Member

there's a waiting list or there is a stock of TIM pedals?

3. David-R

David-R Supporting Member

Long waiting list.

4. ♫▐▀▄▀▌♫

♫▐▀▄▀▌♫ Member

Here is his #. Call him after 7 central time.

615-896-8555

I'm not sure how long the wait list is right now, but he can tell you what it is. Be warned, his estimates are ocasionally a bit optomistic, but he's very nice about it and his prices are reasonable. Paul is a great guy who makes a great pedal.

5. Blues Wail

Blues Wail Member

the man is an animal! non stop i tell ya. god bless him!
    :BEER

6. skrzyp

skrzyp Supporting Member

So what gives with postings in the emporium asking $190 for a used one?

7. fast ricky love

fast ricky love Supporting Member

Greed if you ask me. I can see those prices on eBay, but I see this site as a community of sorts - my opinion is there should be a 'bro' fairness in terms of pricing here... one man's opinion.

8. brent

brent Member

used to be seen as bad form around here, times have apparently changed

9. K-man

K-man Member

Funny, I made the exact same comment in the recent newbie post. I couldn't agree with you more.

10. ♫▐▀▄▀▌♫

♫▐▀▄▀▌♫ Member

True, but in the end supply and demand will usually win out. If somebody will pay a price, people will usually try to sell it for that, no matter how ridiculous. I do think it says something about PaulC. for not raising his prices when he sees that though.

11. jeak

jeak Member

Greed, maybe. But as long buyers pay those prices, then both sides of the supply-demand equation are perpetuating the prices. No one is ripping the money from buyers' pockets. If you'd rather spend an extra $90 than wait three months, then you have that option. It's pretty simple, really. Your money or your time?

I agree with the "bro fairness" in theory, but in reality all it takes is one greedy bro to buy that used Timmy for a "fair" $90 or $100 and flip it for twice that on eBay. Not to be cynical or anything ...

12. fabiomayo

fabiomayo Member

Sad but true... But also a bit funny :rolleyes: ....

Anyone knows if we pay PaulC in advance or just around the time the unit is to be built and/or shipped?

13. ♫▐▀▄▀▌♫

♫▐▀▄▀▌♫ Member

I'm fairly certain that you don't have to pay to be in line, you just pay when it's getting ready to be shipped. Once you have it he gives you 5 days, and if you decide it isn't for you he'll give you all your money back.

14. eric-d

eric-d Member

I see this on eBay with the ZenDrive, Tim, and Timmy - but most of the time it's someone starting out his/her auction below what he/she bought it for new.... It's people's lack of patience that's driving these pedals to double the MSRP. Some people on here see that and think it's okay to try to get more than what they paid because that's what people are paying on eBay. Blame eBay for this....

15. daveS

daveS lefty dude on hiatus Gold Supporting Member

Between the San Andreas and Calaveras Faults
    Not sure why you would want to sell a TIM or TIMMY anyway . . they are really cool pedals to have around :) . I have one of each and they're keepers !
    -d

16. musickbox

musickbox Supporting Member

I get mine this week. I ordered it in Dec I might get a menatone after I get my timmy, but im not sure. Maybe like a Top boost in a can. Dunno yet.

17. Enjoyer

Enjoyer Member

Also, consider that most of the guitar player consumers who do not frequent sites such as this one have no access to pedals like the Tim/Timmy, Zen Drive or Klon Centaurs. They do not know how or where to obtain them - they can't find them at their local GC (with the possible exception of the KRON pedal) or on Musician's Freind. They hear the buzz but can not find them anywhere. So in a market place such as ebay, the less informed (or perhaps, lazier) consumers see these, deservedly, much hyped pedals and see these auctions as their only shot at them. To be redundant, supply and demand AND access. Yes, and lack of patience - for example on Analogman's KOT or the Echoczar which I have seen go for way beyond list price on ebay. So throw IMMEDIATE availability into this economics lesson. No fault of the builders. Market forces at work here.

18. Realfi

Realfi trying to re-MEMBER Silver Supporting Member

I agree.

I sold my Timmy thinking that my TIM would be a replacement for it but although I like the TIM better overall I do miss the asymmetrical mode of the Timmy.

It's possible to mod the TIM to do the asymmetrical clipping but I mostly like using it in the least compressed mode. There is certainly a case for having both.

19. ♫▐▀▄▀▌♫

♫▐▀▄▀▌♫ Member

For me it's a tough choice having the Timmy in aysmmetrical or uncompressed clipping, but right now I've decided for the least compressed mode because it is what kinda sets the pedal apart....who knows how I'll have it set tommorow though!