1. A proposal is now up as a poll to change the guidelines of TGP to only allow member self-deleting of post/threads for up to thirty days of the original posting it. We are now watching the poll here. Click here to view the thread.

Dismiss Notice

How much is my guitar worth?

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by fluffdoyde, May 17, 2011.

1. fluffdoyde

fluffdoyde Member

I'm trying to get an idea of what my guitar is worth and I need your help! I'd like to know both the trade value (private trade, not a guitar center trade-in), and the selling value.

The guitar is a 2003 McInturff Glory Standard, Honey Bee Finish, 100% stock. I purchased it from the original owner and it was in mint condition. Since then, it has been played a fair bit. There are 4 or 5 minor surface blemishes in the finish. All but one of these dings are not noticeable unless pointed out. One of the dings is barely noticeable (it's on the headstock), but can't be seen from 6 or 7 feet away anyway. Other than that, the guitar is in great condition and plays like a dream, with plenty of life left in the frets.

The suggested retail price is $2,995. Let me know what you guys think I could get for this in a trade or by selling it.

Thanks!

2. fluffdoyde

fluffdoyde Member

3. atquinn

atquinn Supporting Member

What type of pickups? Trem or non-trem? Pics? I would say circa $1300, but it's hard to say without pics.

-Austin

4. fluffdoyde

fluffdoyde Member

I can post pics later today when I'm home. It has the stock pickups, which are Terry's TCM Zodiac Humbuckers wired to a 5-way switch. The bridge is Tone Pros tune-o-matic stop tail piece.

5. treeofpain

treeofpain Silver Supporting Member

These are great guitars, but finding someone who wants one will be more challenging than, say, a Les Paul Standard. I would say 1200-1500, depending on features.

6. Flinto2002

Flinto2002 Senior Member

$1200, maybe less. Not that it aint a great guitar, but TCM's dont have quite the brand recognition of Gibson, and yours is dinged up a bit. We're anal around these parts.

7. Donovan

Donovan Member

Yeah my local store had a used one. It was priced at $1200