• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

How much is TGP costing you?

Datsyuk

Peace, Love and Coltrane
Silver Supporting Member
What products have you purchased that can be attributed soley to TGP threads / posts?

I came across a post yesterday on Couch straps. Two minutes later I'm on their website and 10 minutes after that out came the credit card. A couple of weeks before that I read a thread and someone posts a J Zucker demo video of the FET Dream OD....instant impulse purchase. Months earlier I was super busy and stopped coming here for awhile and my impulse gear purchases came to a halt. I was just curious if I'm on the extreme side of excessive impulse consumerism that is enabled by my dedicated research at TGP.

All of the products I will list were unfamiliar to me before becoming aware of them initially at TGP. It's actually quite insane!

Couch Straps
Damage Control Timeline
Sweet Sound Ultravibe
Lovepedal 200 lbs
Fuchs ODS
Kingsley Jester
Clinch FX EP booster
FET Dream OD
Empress Para EQ
Malekko dark delay
BB Preamp
AC Booster
Barber Tone Press
Zendrive
George L cables
Tone Tools Cab +speakers
Analogman Chorus
Crunch Box
V Picks
Ultex Jazz 3 picks
Time Machine Boost
Various Books

Probably more...yikes. I'm afraid to tally it all up.

Last edited:

Goo Fighters

I wouldn't have known about Suhr guitars without TGP, so I tried out a bunch and ended up with a Suhr S3. That's about it I think...

Shiny_Beast

Gold Supporting Member
lol @ thread title

I'm teetering on the brink of going down the multiple fuzz pedal roud. No one's ever come back I understand

john b

Basically, everything that I own at this point is due to some exposure through TGP. That sounds like I'm some kind of sheep but, I think the "informed investing" idea is more correct.

It sure beats the days of the Squire Strat and the Line 6 amp.

Datsyuk

Peace, Love and Coltrane
Silver Supporting Member
Basically, everything that I own at this point is due to some exposure through TGP. That sounds like I'm some kind of sheep but, I think the "informed investing" idea is more correct.

It sure beats the days of the Squire Strat and the Line 6 amp.

I guess the point of this thread is that I am indeed feeling like a sheep!

All in good fun but boy does it add up. I think it's also a diversion for me from facing the slow, methodical and incremental work and dedication required to improve my musicianship.

:horse

SteveO

Hasn't cost me a dime yet, but the killer inventory at my favorite local store has cost me quite a few bucks. On two separate occasions recently I went in for some inexpensive items and walked out with guitars...

dividedsky

Um, a lot haha. Not as much as most here though I guess. I'd like to say that it's saved me a lot of money as well by being able to hear clips and read reviews that have let me know a piece of gear isn't for me. But the truth is without TGP I would have never even heard of that piece of gear in the first place.

other than boss and digitech pedals...every pedal ive bought I read about here first
barbers, way huge, fulltones, mi audio, pedaltrain, voodoo labs...

Datsyuk

Peace, Love and Coltrane
Silver Supporting Member
4-figures and counting.
I'm thinking there should be a "GAS Support Group" section. :drink

I bought some straps the other day right after coming across a thread about them and mentioned it in my purchasing email "Chalk up another order courtesy of The Gear Page".

The Gear Page alone must be responsible for hundreds of thousands of dollars of revenue for manufacturers of all sizes. (You're thinking "no ****, sherlock..but still, lol)

I sure hope a lot of the manufacturers clearly benefiting from TGP creating awareness and sales of their products are kicking back a few bucks in the form of donations to go towards operating costs. I would imagine that most do.

BluesForDan

Silver Supporting Member
I pretty sure I've sold more than I've bought since I've started hanging around here. Not that I haven't been sorely tempted but economic deprivation has a way of slowing down acquisition.

Callaham Bridge
Traynor YCV15 Blue
KOT
NOS Tubes (a particularly addictive 'substance')
GHS Burnished Nickel Strings
Eminence Speakers - Red Fang, Cannibis Rex (great, great speaker BTW!)

More to come I'm sure
Rev.

Blindspot

Gustavsson Bluesmaster
D"Pergo Strat
Baker B3
Fargen Super Collider
and much, much more.

I'm broke!

kometblaster

I've lurked for a long time and never joined up until now, but I can already feel the GAS building up. So many great rigs to drool over and the classifieds are incredible.

Trending Topics