1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

How much of a "tone sucker" is the G-Force?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Random Hero, Jan 19, 2008.

1. Random Hero

Random Hero Member

Considering I'm currently using a G-Major, I would presume it would definitely be an upgrade, but is the G-Force quite the tone sucker too? Obviously I'd love something like an Eventide unit, but I'm not about to blow that kinda cash on FX when I want another guitar and amp first ;)

Also, has the "tone sucking" thing always been about in the TC products? I.e. 2290?

2. Rid

Rid Senior Member

Erm.....those are designed to work in linelevel loops....in parallel... and with some sort of linemixer, there is no loss of signal that way!

3. Random Hero

Random Hero Member

Could always do that... I suppose I could run a G-Major like that too?

4. mainly

mainly Member

im having the same concern right now - im considering a new effects processor. have the rocktron prophesy right now, in my effects loop of my river kr7. the prophesy sucks a hug e amount of tone away, ie, it takes away a lot of high end resolution and adds low end muddiness. fortunatly i can dial it back quite a bit with the blend on my effects loop, but then of course your also dialing back your effects.

i belive ive got it down to the axe fx or the eventide eclipse, although ive never heard either one of them.

i think with effects processors especially multi, you just can cheap out, if you want quality, you have to pay for it.

5. Random Hero

Random Hero Member

The Eclipse obviously interests me, but that thing is $$$. Axe-FX however, I would certainly pay for, what with the amp models aswell.