• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

how often do you use your guitar's tremolo?

How often do you use your tremolo

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SW33THAND5

HEY STRAT GUYS... (and other players with trem guitars)

how often do you play your tremolo?:huh

EADGBE

Hardly ever. I don't want to wear them out. I have two guitars with licensed versions and so I'm real careful. I leave the bar in them though for a little more sustain.

Jesus freak

Silver Supporting Member
Im not good at it, but I got to have at least one axe with a trem. I wish my bass had a trem though!

shane8

mine was blocked but i pulled the block out today - still decked w/ 5 springs but i'm toying with making it usable again - stay tuned

Dashface

I have a really hard time when soloing with my strats not doing the Jeff Beck thing. It's just so satisfying to do :D

Luckily, most of my guitars are hard-tail so I don't have to worry about being a derivative bastard in general :)

4 of my guitars have trems - 2 with vintage style (6-screw) trems, 1 with an OFR, and 1 with an Ibanez Edge Pro. The two with vintage trems are dive-only but I never use them, I don't have locking tuners on those guitars. The Carvin with the OFR has a TremStop in it so I can go to drop D. The Ibanez is full float and I wouldn't have it any other way :)

cosmic_ape

Silver Supporting Member
I use it more tastefully now, especially to apply vibrato to full chords. A good trem makes all the difference, too

CA$H FLOW

When I was younger I never used the trem. After watching a video of Jeff Beck and seeing all the amazing things he does with it, I have now started to use it quite often. Some times I will quickly grab it and let go just to get some movement on a note. Other times I will rapidly vibrate my palm on the bridge after plucking a note to attempt his trademark little warble thing; I'm slowly getting better at it.
I really need to get a shorter trem arm though. Anyone know the best place for such a thing?

VHS analog

After watching a video of Jeff Beck and seeing all the amazing things he does with it, I have now started to use it quite often.

I really need to get a shorter trem arm though. Anyone know the best place for such a thing?
I use the vintage strat trem pretty aggressively, like a Floyd Rose. Jeff Beck is an inspiration.

Callaham makes a stainless steel vintage trem bar in 3 different lengths that is very high quality.

geekocaster

Floating for subtle vibrato and small dives during leads. I used to deck them until i got a properly set up EJ strat in 2006. Now its a big part of my technique.

sonicD

Not a big fan of Strat trems - in fact, I blocked it not too long ago and seem to prefer it that way. But, I'm a huge Bigsby fan and use that all the time. Sure, it's a completely different effect, but I've got Bigsbys on not only my "main" guitar, but on several. Couldn't live without it.

jjp

I didn't vote as I would say that my Strat is my "main" guitar. It is one of three that I have and they all get about equal play time. However, when I do play with the Strat I use the trem, it's always on the body.

RR59CMS

Its a must have for me. I like the two post fulcrum type. I constantly reach for a trem even when I'm playing acoustic. In fact I've got a bud who is getting ready to introduce a trem system for acoustics any day now.

Funky54

I really need the Bigsby on my Gretsches. I like ot play hard Rock mostly with a Paul but I play at least 10-12 songs with a Gretsch and they all use the bigsby.

Trending Topics