how often do you use your guitar's tremolo?

How often do you use your tremolo

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SW33THAND5

HEY STRAT GUYS... (and other players with trem guitars)

how often do you play your tremolo?:huh

EADGBE

Hardly ever. I don't want to wear them out. I have two guitars with licensed versions and so I'm real careful. I leave the bar in them though for a little more sustain.

Jesus freak

Im not good at it, but I got to have at least one axe with a trem. I wish my bass had a trem though!

shane8

mine was blocked but i pulled the block out today - still decked w/ 5 springs but i'm toying with making it usable again - stay tuned

Dashface

I have a really hard time when soloing with my strats not doing the Jeff Beck thing. It's just so satisfying to do :D

Luckily, most of my guitars are hard-tail so I don't have to worry about being a derivative bastard in general :)

BallisticGuitars

Silver Supporting Member
4 of my guitars have trems - 2 with vintage style (6-screw) trems, 1 with an OFR, and 1 with an Ibanez Edge Pro. The two with vintage trems are dive-only but I never use them, I don't have locking tuners on those guitars. The Carvin with the OFR has a TremStop in it so I can go to drop D. The Ibanez is full float and I wouldn't have it any other way :)

cosmic_ape

Resident Lefty of Doom
Silver Supporting Member
I use it more tastefully now, especially to apply vibrato to full chords. A good trem makes all the difference, too

CA$H FLOW

Silver Supporting Member
When I was younger I never used the trem. After watching a video of Jeff Beck and seeing all the amazing things he does with it, I have now started to use it quite often. Some times I will quickly grab it and let go just to get some movement on a note. Other times I will rapidly vibrate my palm on the bridge after plucking a note to attempt his trademark little warble thing; I'm slowly getting better at it.
I really need to get a shorter trem arm though. Anyone know the best place for such a thing?

VHS analog

Silver Supporting Member
After watching a video of Jeff Beck and seeing all the amazing things he does with it, I have now started to use it quite often.

I really need to get a shorter trem arm though. Anyone know the best place for such a thing?

I use the vintage strat trem pretty aggressively, like a Floyd Rose. Jeff Beck is an inspiration.

Callaham makes a stainless steel vintage trem bar in 3 different lengths that is very high quality.

geekocaster

Floating for subtle vibrato and small dives during leads. I used to deck them until i got a properly set up EJ strat in 2006. Now its a big part of my technique.

sonicD

Not a big fan of Strat trems - in fact, I blocked it not too long ago and seem to prefer it that way. But, I'm a huge Bigsby fan and use that all the time. Sure, it's a completely different effect, but I've got Bigsbys on not only my "main" guitar, but on several. Couldn't live without it.

jjp

I didn't vote as I would say that my Strat is my "main" guitar. It is one of three that I have and they all get about equal play time. However, when I do play with the Strat I use the trem, it's always on the body.

RR59CMS

Its a must have for me. I like the two post fulcrum type. I constantly reach for a trem even when I'm playing acoustic. In fact I've got a bud who is getting ready to introduce a trem system for acoustics any day now.

Funky54

I really need the Bigsby on my Gretsches. I like ot play hard Rock mostly with a Paul but I play at least 10-12 songs with a Gretsch and they all use the bigsby.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom