• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

How often does your band rehearse?

billyg121

Silver Supporting Member
how often does your band practice and how many gigs do you normally play in a month?

mprvise

Band 1 - eight gigs per month and we haven't rehearsed in about two years. I wish we'd rehearse so we could learn new tunes.

Band 2 - one or two gigs per month and same for rehearsals. More this month due to getting ready to record some tunes.

billyg121

Silver Supporting Member
wow!how many songs does band 1 have in the song bank?must be pretty diverse,with not adding anything in so long.

Aldo

If we go more than 2 weeks w/out a gig we will try to get together to learn something new. 6 members = 6 schedules. Its hard enough getting everyone to a gig.

TravisE

Silver Supporting Member
3-times a week for rehearsals. We're still putting things together and working on a record so gigs are about once a month. We've got a good friend sitting in on bass who comes once a week and it's proving tough to find a full-time bass player with nothing better to do than practice 3 days a week.

mtmartin71

Gold Supporting Member
1x/week. gig once every few months.
Same for me too although we're not up to gigging speed yet with my new band. We do practice once a week though with some exceptions. Trying to get the last 10-15 songs to round out our 45. Once we're into that, I would expect and average of 1-2 rehearsals and 1-2 gigs per month.

guitrr

Reverb Junkie
Band - 2 to 4 nights gigging a month. Rehearse practically never; I think 3 or 4 times total in the 2 years we've been playing together. We also play a new song onstage (often off the cuff) every time we gig. We estimate our song list is (at least) close to 8 hours worth of material.

Trio - (two electric guitars and a string bass; 3/4 of repertoire is instrumental, mostly jazzy material) One rehearsal every week to ten days. Gig every 6 weeks or so, but gearing up to do some more intense promotion so we can gig more often.

Solo - practice my solo repertoire about twice a week, more if I'm working on new material.

I also do some sub work, normally with no rehearsals; I just get a call saying, "Hey, I need a guitarist for tomorrow night, are you available?"

Kane

mprvise

wow!how many songs does band 1 have in the song bank?must be pretty diverse,with not adding anything in so long.
Band 1 is with a local legend type player who is 16 years older than me. After nearly four years in this band (and 14ish years off and on in other groups) he STILL pulls out tunes I've never heard him play before (yes, I am expected to learn them on the fly - mostly old school blues or rock so it's not like freaky bop jazz or anything, or at least very often). The bass player in that band is 65 and has been playing bass (the same bass!) since 1961, and has toured the world with a few groups. He knows a couple tunes as well. Honestly, between those two guys I have no idea how deep the song bank actually is.

snacker

band 1 - once or twice a year - gig every couple months - we've been together for 12 years and do a lot of improv, so rehearsing isn't really nessesary
band 2 - every few months we'll rehearse a few in a row to get new tunes together - gig a few times a month

dantedayjob

We were practicing weekly, but two of the members are having to make more "family time" so we're going to every other week... but when we practice we play for 4 or 5 hours, so one session can cover a lot of work/material... the bass player and I are going to start another band that will then practice on the alternating weeks, it may actually end up to be a power trio with the drummer from the first band... which would be kind of amusing and would make the second time I was in two bands, one of which was made up entirely of people who were also in the other band LOL

shredtrash

Gold Supporting Member
Band #1- 50s/60s Rock n' Roll stuff. Hardly ever. If we hit a dry spell w/gigs (rare) we might brush up a bit.

Band #2- Rock original project. Once a week for now while we write/rehearse new material. After that, probably only to write a new album.

Simon

Silver Supporting Member
Play 15-20 shows per month
It's hard to rehearse gigging that much,We try to hit the summer season with 20 new tunes (about a half nites music) so maybe 6-8 times.
We learn the material as to not get bored or complacent, but just as import in club scenes, you must do It for the staff. As soon as they start setting there watches by what you're playing in your set, your days there are numbered. They hear you more than anyone.

PanicProne

Band 1/2: rehearsal at least two times a week (1-3 hours each time) Gigging 1-3 times a month.
Band 3: 1-2 times a week. Usually around 3 hours each time. Gigging, well not very often.

Twangmaster

Just getting a new band together. Bass & Drums have been playing together for years, so I'm the one learning the setlist. Practice whenever we can get together, lately 2-3x Per week. Historically, once we get to doing regular gigs, once every other week, but usually for 6 to 8 hours straight on the weekend.

John Thigpen

Silver Supporting Member
I play with three brothers who have been playing together all their lives. We gig 3-4 times/month. Rehearsal is sporadic...we may have had three in the four 1/2 months I've been playing with them. The music is classic rock, and they've been playing together so long that they've played most well known songs together at some point, so the "new" songs are usually recylcled old songs.

John

Trending Topics