• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

How Overdrive-y can a HOOF get?

TheShaggyFox

I've been looking into the Earthquaker Devices Hoof and it really does sound awesome. From people here and there I've heard it can somewhat do overdrive-like sounds and in a few youtube videos on certain settings I've heard it sound similar to an OD pedal, but I'd like to know more. So HOOF owners... can it really sound overdriven-ish? Thanks.

P.S.: For some better idea of the sound I am going for I will post two links:

First off, here is my band. Pretty loud/almost extreme.

www.myspace.com/untilyourheartstopsmusic

But here is a guitar tone I really enjoy... (really extreme)

www.myspace.com/trapthem

If you can recommend pedals that sound similar to either I'd be happy. I'd prefer pedals that sound more like the second link...

Last edited:

whoismarykelly

Oh look! This is a thing I can change!
If you want overdrive you should buy an overdrive pedal. The Hoof might do a somewhat useable low gain tone but its ultimately a very high gain fuzz and many pedals will do better OD tones EQD pedals included.

TheShaggyFox

If you want overdrive you should buy an overdrive pedal. The Hoof might do a somewhat useable low gain tone but its ultimately a very high gain fuzz and many pedals will do better OD tones EQD pedals included.
Out of curiosity what over pedals do you recommend by EQD that can do overdriven sounds?

The reason why I'm asking is because I'd like something that's a mix between an OD and fuzz... I just love the way the fuzz sounds on riffing... !

whoismarykelly

Oh look! This is a thing I can change!
The White Light OD is a little fuzzy. I think you would really like a Skreddy Screw Driver too. Its definitely a fuzzy OD.

russv

The Hoof does a nice impression of a MKII type fuzz with fuzz down, but not really OD.

Trending Topics