how to add pictures

Discussion in '"How To" Tips for the new Software' started by Gigantor, Dec 13, 2016.

1. walterw

walterw Gold Supporting Member

the trick i found with the whole "add media" kludge is that once you've wrestled the pic into the media folder, open the pic and then just right-click "copy image" it before pasting it directly into your post; that gives you the pic without all the ancillary junk above and below it

[​IMG]

2. big mike

big mike Moderator - EL34 Emeritas Staff Member

Still needs to be done in a respectful manner.

friend33 and walterw like this.
  3. walterw

walterw Gold Supporting Member

yes, of course.

also, only those of us who pony up to help keep this place cooking are allowed to complain in the first place :banana

mcuguitar likes this.
  4. the-tone

the-tone Member

YES! How the hell did you do that? ha ha ha.... must be me that's on crack then!

5. JimmyB

JimmyB Silver Supporting Member

Well, it wasn't straightforward as I wasn't doing it from your account! :D

I had to right-click, copy image address, then open the "Image" icon on the icon bar above the reply box and paste the image address...

If I were pasting from my Imgur account, I'd just click on the pic in my library and then go to BB Code on the right and click copy:

[​IMG]

That pastes the link with img tags already attached to your clipboard and you just paste the link, as is, into your post!

6. the-tone

the-tone Member

I set of an account with imgur and finally made it work, ha ha ha.

JimmyB likes this.
  7. AxemanVR

AxemanVR Supporting Member

`
    Coming from 4 other WELL KNOWN music forums, I am stunned at how archaic it is here!

In an effort to inform people on a music theory related topic (using visual aids), I was rather disappointed to find that I couldn't easily upload my images.

After paying my membership fee I soon found myself jumping through hoops to do something that should have been a one-step process and now, after far too much monkeying around, I’m seriously regretting my decision to begin posting in the first place.

Not trying to be spiteful, but I'm definitely limiting my participation until this site catches up with the times...

`

Last edited: Nov 3, 2018
    Kevbo599 likes this.
  8. Class5

Class5 Member

I find it strange that this is the only forum I participate in that requires external photo accounts in order to upload photos. Every other forum allows for direct uploading from one's computer. I can't even post a pic of a pedalboard as my old Photobucket account (which I only started for TGP) has been closed by the site admin.

zowenso and AxemanVR like this.
  9. zowenso

zowenso Member

10. zowenso

zowenso Member

Ugh that water mark stinks. Also when I post from imagur it has that big white border and not just the picture. No way to avoid that? I’m working from my iPhone.