• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

How to add wifi to Kemper heads (for dummies)

Jallawalla

Hi all,

I did a video explaining what I've worked out from reading the manual and some experiments at home with the ipad app.

If you understand networking then you don't need it. It really covers the basics of how to do it and what you need.

I hope it helps somebody!

gearitis

Platinum Supporting Member
Thanks for making the video! I'll definitely take a look at it as soon as I get a chance. If your video addresses my issue detailed below, just tell me to watch the damn video, LOL!

I tried using the Kemper app with the head only (no remote) a couple of weeks ago, but the app will only stay connected for a few seconds at a time. I keep getting "Connection lost - trying to reconnect!"

I'm using an iPad Pro with iOS 14.6. My PowerHead has been updated to 8.5.0.29117 Public Beta and is connected via CAT5 to my router.

I've been using this iPad in the same exact position in this room on this same WiFi network for over a year for email, Zoom calls, Teams calls, internet browsing, etc. without any connectivity issues.

What I've briefly seen of the app looks great, I just wish that it would stay connected so that I could really try it out.

Any idea what the problem is?

Jallawalla

I have no idea, but I have experienced a few crashes when connected. Sometimes no error message, the app just crashes.

This is still in beta so I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt for the time being. They are usually pretty good with fixing bugs etc.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom