How to best handle rudeness......

beckstriad

I'm frosting a cake with a paper knife
Gold Supporting Member
Very nice! And beautiful tone from that violin, too.

blownirocz

Suppoutin' Memba Sinss Dem Oud Dayz...
Silver Supporting Member
Wow...while he did handle it with class, I think the idiot with the phone needed to be embarrassed a bit.

AQ808

What he should have done is put down the violin, pulled out his cellphone, glared at the asswipe, and played ring-tones for 5 minutes straight to make a point, while wryly telling that person that he can do requests.

However, I think that when people are paying for a pure acoustic classical performance, if someone lets their phone ring they should be tossed out.

I mean, seriously, where does the player go from there to give the audience the experience they paid for? It's difficult to choose whether you start over or from where you left off, especially if you are thrown out of the zone you were in before.

GerryJ

There's also this one, going up in ascending tones-

Bb D F
C E G
F A C F (repeat several times).

I've learned a few ringtone riffs; it's fun to toss them off at practice or between songs and see people react.

That little improv he did on it was great; I'm not used to the idea of classical guys 'improvising', I guess because they rarely do it in public.

lhallam

There's also this one, going up in ascending tones-

Bb D F
C E G
F A C F (repeat several times).

I've learned a few ringtone riffs; it's fun to toss them off at practice or between songs and see people react.

That little improv he did on it was great; I'm not used to the idea of classical guys 'improvising', I guess because they rarely do it in public.
Purportedly, Beethoven would improvise at parties and blow people's minds.

On Zappa's "Everything Is Healing Nicely" there is a tune where he has a classical clarinetist improvise for the first time in his life. His note choices are unique and very cool.

Matt L

That was brilliant, and what an ear if he really pulled that out of his hat like that!!

Listen, it's rude to have your phone go off in a situation like this, but we're all human. They might have just completely forgot to turn it off or something. No need to bring out the lynch mob. It's not like they answered it and started having a conversation.

PUCKBOY99

Silver Supporting Member
Afterwards, you could see on his face that he couldn't believe it.

CHEERS to him :beer

Serious Poo