How to change Line 6 tonecore modules?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by lanervoza, Aug 11, 2008.

1. lanervoza

lanervoza Member

I searched google/line6.com but haven't been looking in the right place I guess. I recently picked up an echo park and verbzilla set with 1 stereo dock. I also have a tap tremolo back from before the modules were announced - will that work as a dock too?

Thanks for any help,
    Alex

2. Jason Lynn

Jason Lynn Member

There are 2 hex head screws on the top side of pedal. You need to loosen those and then there is a little inset black button you push to release the module from the dock. Everything should swap around just fine.

3. Design Guy

Design Guy Member

...and to answer your question, yes, the Tap Tremolo dock can be used with any other module (as can any Tone Core docks). Simply follow the procedure Swampy posted (you can use a 1/4" plug to push in the button), and swap in the module of your choice.

Obviously, if you put a stereo module into a mono dock, you will get mono out, but it will work just fine. FYI, putting a mono module into a stereo dock does NOT give you a stereo effect. :)

Have fun.

4. Vettavillenl

Vettavillenl Member

5. lanervoza

lanervoza Member

great, thanks guys :)