how to clean-staurate my new amp

Carabinerx

This week I acquired a ceriatone lunchbox, which I have to say is absolutely amazing, dont think I could have made a better choice for the price.

BUT, I cannot for the life of me get the clean channel to break up, it just gets louder and louder; I can use the PAB and get some break up but it seriously doubles the volume and unless I have the clean gain stage running high, the pab just boosts but doesnt saturate. Anyone know how to dial that in without pissing everyone in my building off?

8len8

Silver Supporting Member
- attenuator at the output
- less efficient speakers
- different tubes

kiki_90291

It's a 20 watt amp. You are not going to get the clean channel to break up without pissing off your neighbors without using a distortion pedal or an attenuator.

Tone_Terrific

Silver Supporting Member
It's a 20 watt amp. You are not going to get the clean channel to break up without pissing off your neighbors without using a distortion pedal or an attenuator.
+1 That is the way it is.
Clean channels are not supposed to distort until all headroom is used up i.e. at full power. LOUD.

DaveKS

Tone Terrific is right, only preamp tube that might help are some old RFT or maybe some Raytheon black plate.

Only other way is to saturate the input with a OD pedal, which is what I would do. If you want to keep it pure tube look at pedals like Kingsley Minstrel or Page.

Trending Topics