• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

How to disassemble a cube80?

Frank67

I'd like to pick the brains of the knowledgeable folks here.

I kind of love the sound of the JC clean on my cube for jazz guitar playing. I wanted to give this a bigger warmer sound and had the idea to isolate the preamp section of the amp and run it through my tube poweramp head and 2x12 cab both of which are glorious, high quality.

So, what I'd like to do is to buy a used cube 80, take it apart, take the preamp section and build a new enclosure for it.

My question is: can I do that? I am not very te h savy but maybe able to get skilled help. Could anyone give me pointers of how to achieve that?

Jeff Gehring

Gold Supporting Member
Well, I don't have a schematic for the Blues Cube 80, but if it's at all like the Blues Cube 30/60, it looks like it would be a piece of cake. Seems like you ought to be able to disconnect the wire header that goes from the preamp board to the power board, and grab the signal coming off the master volume on the preamp board to run to your tube power amp input. You may need to add capacitive coupling if it isn't already there, to keep any DC out of the preamp output.

Trending Topics