How to get Blues Saraceno' tone?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by YouYao, Sep 23, 2006.

1. YouYao

YouYao Member

How to get it?
    you know, not by "dirt boy" amp,:crazyguy .
    Maybe use some pedals to get it?

Who knows that?

2. scottywompas

scottywompas Member

Look at the semour duncan site. There is a video of him demoing the tweak fuzz. he uses some cheap silvertone amp or something like that. he says it's what he takes to recording sessions and it blows people away.

Scott:AOK

3. Mark Robinson

Mark Robinson Member

Practice for 6-8 hours a day for a few years, probably 10 would the minimum years required. I know I could plug right into his personal amp, using his guitar, and not sound anywhere good as he does or really sound "like him". He's a great player.

4. YouYao

YouYao Member

well, I just want to get the tone like his, not to really sound like him. ok, i also know even if i practice for 6-8 hours a day for 10 years, i cant play sound really like him yet. Blues is Blues!

but maybe get it by some pedals with certain setup on these pedals?

thanks

5. Shnook

Shnook Supporting Member

It's in his fingers. He's used tons of different gear since he's been out, and it all sounds pretty much the same in his hands. However, his vibrato is pretty cool, and if you can get that down, it comes across sounding very 'Saraceno-like.' He's done a lot of demos for many different companys over the years because he has such excellent tone.

Blues generally uses low to medium output pups, the SD Blues Trembucker or Seth Lover's, into an amp that he cranks up the power section for tone rather than the pre-amp. Over the years he's gone to using smaller, even cheaper amps, but he tone is the same. The SD video is a nice example. I believe he's using Bogner's now.

With Blues, it's more the way he plays that what he plays thru. I'm a huge Saraceno fan and I chased that sound for a good 2 years. I found his video on his technique helped me much more than gear.

6. Alejandro

Alejandro Supporting Member

I don't know how to get somebody's tone, but I have the S.Duncan PATB3 Blues Saraceno HB pickup model and it is outstanding: Alnico V, medium output (DC Res. 9.8K) PAF and notched tone.

7. Shnook

Shnook Supporting Member

I agree. I've got the Blues Trembucker in two of my guitars.
    One of my favorite Humbuckers ever. I prefer single coils, but if I need a humbucker, I grab one with the PAT3 pup.

8. Marcello

Marcello Member

silly question : can i use the trembucker in a non trem guitar ? :)

9. Todd Lynch

Todd Lynch Member

rather sound like myself...

10. YouYao

YouYao Member

I hear that the clean sound of PAT3 is not good, right?

11. Shnook

Shnook Supporting Member

Not really my experience. However, if I'm looking for 'clean' I use my Albert Lee with single coils. Basically, the PAT3 sounds pretty much just like any other PAF type of humbucker does for cleans.

12. VaughnC

VaughnC Supporting Member

I'd rather sound like YouYao ;).