How To Get the 'Summer Heart' Sound?

Discussion in 'Recording/Live Sound' started by alexnord, May 3, 2015.

1. alexnord

alexnord Member

2. stump

stump Member

Maybe you could friend him on Facebook and ask directly. To me, after researching him, I'd guess that he used whatever was available in his computer DAW. Sounds kind of generic clean, with tons of reverb.

3. alexnord

alexnord Member

Thanks for your reply. Will see if I can get hold of him.

Anyone else?

4. OilsFan

OilsFan Supporting Member

I get a sound very close to that with my rig but who knows what he/they use. The sound in the I Wanna Go track is so bright it wouldn't surprise me if it were straight in. Main ingredients I'd use would be my Telecaster probably on the bridge pickup, reverb from my DEP-5 and big Fender clean tone from my Super Reverb. Maybe a little compressor and delay too.

5. alexnord

alexnord Member

Thank you!

I've sent him an email. I'll see if he gets back to me with an answer.

6. alexnord

alexnord Member

I got an answer from David in Summer Heart! You guys we're really close. Good job!

"Hi Alex,

Thanks for getting in touch. I must say I am very flattered you like my sound.

I can't remember exactly what I used for I Wanna Go, but for my guitar sound I use a Stratocaster. The pedals I always use are Nobels Overdrive, Janglebox compressor, Boss DD3 digital delay and TC Electronic's Hall of Fame Reverb, I might have used a couple of more on that track. I can't remember. I also split the signal into two, one goes through my amp, a Fender Blues Junior, and the other straight into my computer. Very simple!

Good luck and feel free to send me stuff you record.

Best regards,
    David

Ps. Here's a recent photo of my current set up if you are interested."

[​IMG]

7. OilsFan

OilsFan Supporting Member

Awesome! You can't underestimate that Hall of Fame man it keeps popping up on a lot of cool of tracks. I might have to try one of those as well as a Nobels overdrive. Goes with the vibe I already got going on.