How To Lock A Thread In New Format ???

Discussion in 'Interactive Administrator Threads' started by rschultz13, May 19, 2015.

1. rschultz13

rschultz13 Supporting Member

OK, I must be an idiot, I can't figure it out. I sold an item, left feedback and want to lock the thread.

2. Brian Scherzer

Brian Scherzer Staff Member

You can be the first to help test this out. When you are looking at the first post of your ad, there is a "Thread Tools" kink above it. Click on that and, at the very bottom should be a box that is checked and says "Open". Uncheck the box. I believe that this will close the thread/ad, but we haven't tried it yet. Please post here to let me know if I was correct in my assumption!

3. rschultz13

rschultz13 Supporting Member

Nope, I just see EDIT TITLE and DELETE THREAD

4. Brian Scherzer

OK. I'll have to wait for Alec to recover before I ask him how to accomplish this. For now, just leave the ad there.

5. soli528

soli528 Silver Supporting Member

To be honest, I couldn't ever figure out how to do this on the old software! Subscribing for future knowledge.

6. Brian Scherzer

We're going to try to make things as easy as we can for people and ourselves. We added prefixes today, including one that says "Sold". Alec is going to write a script that automatically takes all ads that are marked as "Sold" (with that prefix!) and moves them to the correct archive area. To edit the ad to have it show as "Sold", go to your ad thread's first post and look above the post for "Thread Tools". Click on that and then on "Edit". A box will open up that includes the title of the thread. Just to the left of the title is a drop-down menu of prefixes. Select the one that says "Sold" and save. That will be the new way of handling sold items.

7. soli528

soli528 Silver Supporting Member

Nice! Thanks Brian and Alec.

8. Brian Scherzer

Just be aware that it will be a little while before that script gets written. We'll figure out how to move those sold ads out of the emporiums manually until the new automation script is written.

9. moosie

moosie Member

On the topic of how to interact with the new prefixes (and with the understanding that the answer may make be feel like an idiot), what is "FA"?

10. Scott Peterson

Scott Peterson Staff Member

For Auction (use for eBay and Reverb linked ads).

11. Unadan

Unadan Member

Why not just delete it?

12. moosie

moosie Member

The feedback system requires a listing thread to work. Feedback says seller was great, you can go read the old listing.

Unadan likes this.