1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

How to make demo videos....

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by rippingrudy, Jan 31, 2012.

1. rippingrudy

rippingrudy Member

Hi Guys,

I'm wondering how to make a half decent demo video of an amplifier or guitar. I see videos where you can hear the person talk but they also have an amplifier mic'd up. I have a Macbook and I have Logic - Just wondering what program to use and how to go about it.

If you have any links to a tutorial or something please post it... Thanks : )

2. big mike

big mike Consigliere Staff Member

there's ways to do it. Mine are mediorce but I just stick video camera in the room.
    I go for the 'guerilla' approach with no mixing, tricks, effects, etc. But I've also been meaning to try using garage band or logic to mix in a close mic'd sound.

Should be able to do all that in Imovie

3. Scott Auld

Scott Auld Staff Member

Good mic on the amp, another one in the room to catch your voice, into a decent mixer, output of which runs directly into the mic jack of your video camera.