How to make mega-$$$ in the amp biz!!

Mickey_C

1.428571428571429e-10 of humanity
Double Platinum Member
Well, I guess that proves they own it.

So, if I bought this, and clicking on marshall.com took you to SoultoneAmps.com do you think Marshall would sue?

;)

Actually, the guy is missing his own business opportunity!

While it is up for grabs, he should have a round-robbin rental scheme, that going to marshall.com redirects alternately to a signed up list of boutique builders, who would pay him monthly charges to get the traffic.

(though I admit I myself would rather spend the cash on magazine advertising)

pir8matt

I thought there was some kind of law in place that prevented domain brokers from profiting 'unfairly' from well known trade names, celebrity names, etc.

Like there had to be some correlation between the amount paid for the domain and what they charge for it, or something.

Anyone remember the rules on that? I seem to remember reading something about it a few years ago..someone had a domain registered for some well known business, and wanted to sell it for like, 20 million dollars or something, and the law (or rule, or practice, whatever it ended up being) sprung up from that.

Mickey_C

1.428571428571429e-10 of humanity
Double Platinum Member
No question about it. It's domain squatting of the worst and most obvious type... and since he's now put it up for sale, he could potentially have it scooped out from under him by the Marshall's department store or Marshall Amplification. But it's funny as hell, nonetheless.

The one I really wanted was www.guitaramps.com - and Hughes and Kettner got that one. Do you think it brings them much business?

Trending Topics