how to make one or two pedals in chain louder?

minorseventh

er... I dont think I phrased it right in the thread title, but heres the dilemma:
My board is starting to get bloated so I added a 6 channel passive loop switcher, which now holds 2 reverbs, a looper, 2 delays, and a vibe pedal. So, each of these is added or removed from the chain as needed. The problem is that one of my reverbs and the vibe both appear to have a lower overall output level, so when either of those are engaged my levels drop. Both are great pedals I dont want to give up or replace either!
I feel like had I just gotten an active loop switcher I could have more control of each channels output level, but I didnt, and now I just need a solution to make the best of what Im working with here.
Would a couple of inexpensive buffer pedals allow me to adjust the output of said offenders? (without adding gain) Or something else Im not aware of?

Maybe you can lower the output of other pedals if they have level knobs, and turn up the volume a bit on your amp. If not, you can also try to put a clean boost to the same loop with those low output ones.

tubekingsley

er... I dont think I phrased it right in the thread title, but heres the dilemma:
My board is starting to get bloated so I added a 6 channel passive loop switcher, which now holds 2 reverbs, a looper, 2 delays, and a vibe pedal. So, each of these is added or removed from the chain as needed. The problem is that one of my reverbs and the vibe both appear to have a lower overall output level, so when either of those are engaged my levels drop. Both are great pedals I dont want to give up or replace either!
I feel like had I just gotten an active loop switcher I could have more control of each channels output level, but I didnt, and now I just need a solution to make the best of what Im working with here.
Would a couple of inexpensive buffer pedals allow me to adjust the output of said offenders? (without adding gain) Or something else Im not aware of?
The vibe may not respond as well, to having a buffer before it, as the reverb pedal- or it might be fine, depending on the actual pedal. If the vibe's sound isn't adversely effected by a buffer, then one single buffer, placed directly before the 6 looper might do the trick- but you would still have a volume drop if you ran the vibe into the reverb pedal. Also, if you're using an non-buffered delay pedal before the reverb pedal, you'd likely need a buffer directly before the reverb in a loop. A better solution might be a mini clean boost pedal after the vibe and reverb pedals, inside their respective loops, as was mentioned earlier. I don't think a boost, such as a Keeley Katana mini, AFTER, said pedals, would change the sound much- just louder. A mini clean boost with EQ features, might be even better. You understand the concept behind all of this, so you'll just need to test out your options.

Last edited:

jwny72

The pre/post gain feature is on of the best of many great features of TheGigRig G2. Uncontrollable level fluctuations that accompany engaging this or that effect are a thing of the past.

minorseventh

thanks for the replies and suggestions folks! With the holidays I havent been able to fully tweak my board much, but tonight I did haphazardly stick an MXR EQ in front of the vibe, and it did help. Im really going to have to just tear this whole thing apart and start over I guess.
I hope Im not the only one on here that takes a whole day to rearrange their pedalboard and makes notes on actual paper...

Trending Topics

Top Bottom