1. A proposal is now up as a poll to change the guidelines of TGP to only allow member self-deleting of post/threads for up to thirty days of the original posting it. We are now watching the poll here. Click here to view the thread.

Dismiss Notice

How To Manipulate Cusack Tap Tempo RCA Input

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by howlback, May 19, 2011.

1. howlback

howlback Member

First things first, I am attempting see if it is possible to manipulate the tap tempo input on Cusack pedals by sending the click from a DAW to trigger the tap tempo input on Cusack pedals (i.e. Tap-A-Whirl, Tap-A-Delay, Tap-A-Phase, Tap-A-Scream).

Why? Because certain effects, such as Tremolo, continuously modulate. This can be problematic if you want to sync the Tremolo effect to a rhythm and start on the down beat. Cusack pedals have a "restart" feature that compensates for tapping that eventually falls out of sync but in studio environment it would VERY VERY nice to be able to simply run the click to the pedal and not have to worry about re-tapping when you want to change the tempo a few BPMs or work on a different song.

Today, I called Cusack and the tech working told me the tap tempo input reads when a tap-switch goes to ground and that signal triggers the tap tempo.

Not really sure if this is going to be possible. I really wish that boutique analog gear and MIDI could be friends.

2. dramaticrunner

dramaticrunner Member

3. howlback

howlback Member

I posted this on three forums and your the first to respond. Not to mention this looks like it will totally work. Thank you!