• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

How to obtain a "CD skipping" effect

tonnu

Lots of alternatives if u go software. The classic is 'buffer override'. U can also do it manually thru any sequencer. Live has a special plugin called 'beatrepeat' (or smth)

stephen_b

ok... heres what i know about skipping effects.... MTB uses a few dl4s, and if you record a couple loops and then double or triple (or as many skips as you want) tap the 3rd button (repeats loop once) it starts the loop over every time, so if you have it set up right you can get that skipping sound... heres what i use:

i wish the sample feature had more time on it (1 sec) but if i record a sample prior to a song, i can get that same glitchy effect by holding it down (infinite repeats that way).

andtrea

Consider burning your source on a cd and scratching it until it skips.
I love Zachary Vex.
Primarly for the Box Of Rock in my pedalboard.
Then for comments like that
:D

andtrea

ok... heres what i know about skipping effects.... MTB uses a few dl4s, and if you record a couple loops and then double or triple (or as many skips as you want) tap the 3rd button (repeats loop once) it starts the loop over every time, so if you have it set up right you can get that skipping sound... heres what i use:

i wish the sample feature had more time on it (1 sec) but if i record a sample prior to a song, i can get that same glitchy effect by holding it down (infinite repeats that way).
Cool.
The Boss DD3 has the Hold function too but for what I remember it was impossible to obtain stuff like Greenwood makes.

mfgobbi

I don't even know what you are talking about, but my Klon sounds great with my custom shop relic strat into my Matchless Clubman.

this1smyne

i second the DL4 option, but i would suggest going into the Reason software or to a synth player for specific effects like that.... i haven't played with a slicer, but maybe a variable rate full depth square wave trem?

Minus: i think thats just a programmed loop....
Radiohead: to tell you the truth it sounds like he's messing with a fuzz factory gate setting set right.... also a touch like a prometheus going on there....

mistermikev

wow, impressive that you happen to know that... I was going to tell him to get fruity loops and use the record scratch thingy!

andtrea

I agree, The Boss DD-X HOLD function can do a similar thing but absolutely not so dinamic (and cool).

Anyway, using the RC-2 as a sampler, skipping the start of the sample with the footswich could be but interesting...

yellowecho

Trending Topics