How to open a Fender Tweed Case

I just received my '52 Tele today. Brand new, from the box.
The only problem with it is that I just can't the tweed case open!

It appears to be locked. I've never had a Fender case before, so maybe there's some ridicules easy way to open it. But I just can't figure it out.

I've tried everything!

pedalcr8z

Please tell me you do realize that the actual lock itself slides which then pops the hinge on the lock itself?

rastus

Ziggy played.....guitar! Congrats on your new axe (and getting that pesky latch opened!)

pics please?

Hehe, yeah.. Took some pictures right away :)

I love getting the package delivered at the door! :D
IMG_1615.jpg

straight form the box :)

IMG_1616.jpg

IMG_1620.jpg

Mmm, case candy :D
IMG_1623.jpg

IMG_1621.jpg

pedalcr8z

Congrats, must have driven you crazy! At least you didn't get a blowtorch, I would have!:AOK

Greg.C

Silver Supporting Member
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has it's limits!
Albert Einstein

Enjoy the guit!

Haha, I used like 30 minutes to try to get it open. I was almost about to brake it open :lol:

Anyway, played it for a few hours now. Great guitar!

SFK

Nice guitar! Don't feel bad.

I locked myself out of my Gibson 135 case the day I got it.

BigMuffPI

Haha, I used like 30 minutes to try to get it open. I was almost about to brake it open :lol:

Anyway, played it for a few hours now. Great guitar!

LOL! I had the EXACT same experience with mine when it arrived some months ago! I've never felt so dumb! I'm actually glad to hear that I'm not alone with this.. :BEER

I'll refrain from making any pithy comments lest someone bring up some really embarrassing examples of my lack of intelligence... :D

BEAUTIFUL guitar!!!!

LOL! I had the EXACT same experience with mine when it arrived some months ago! I've never felt so dumb! I'm actually glad to hear that I'm not alone with this.. :BEER
Haha yeah! I've never felt dumber when I asked someone else to try open it. They just pushed the two locks to each side and it opened.

"What the.. I used hours to figure out that... "

Now I know how those people who get nominated for the Darwin Awards feels like.. :p

Trending Topics

Top Bottom