• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

HOW TO PLAY GUITAR MAGAZINE publication, Miller Freeman

Niblos

Does anyone happen to have copies of the cds for any of the following issues of the defunct HOW TO PLAY GUITAR MAGAZINE publication, Miller Freeman (early nineties quarterly)?

Here is my list off issues:
  • How to Play the Blues (clapton cover)
  • How to play guitar - basics and beyond
  • Jazz vol. 1 (with cd)
  • (SRV cover) Lead Guitar (with cd)
  • Nashville (with cd)
  • 2 copies of Rhythm! Richards cover, (with cd)
  • Dave Matthews cover vol 2, issue 5
  • Rock
  • Acoustic (with cd)
  • Setzer retro issue (with cd)
  • Country Vince Gill cover (with cd)
  • Chicago blues (with cd)
  • Jazz vol 3 Wes cover (with cd)
I have been collecting for a couple of years. Anyone want to trade?
PM me!
http://s612.photobucket.com/albums/tt208/niblos/?action=view&current=55154.jpg

Robbie

Last edited:

bobmc

Silver Supporting Member
Chicago and the Jazz one. May Take me a few days (and a few reminders...).

Bob

brain21

I'll look and see which CDs I have. W/ any luck you'll have the ones I'm missing and vice-versa. I will have to dig that stuff up though...

Niblos

Thanks so much for all your help.

Now I am looking the following two cds from the "How to Play Guitar" series:
  • Clapton "Blues" issue
  • Green Day "Rock" issue
Thanks in advance,
Robbie

brain21

I have the Green Day rock CD, but I do not have the Clapton blues CD (though I do have the issue).

From memory, the ones that I have both the CD & Mag for are:
Acoustic Guitar (the first one)
Acoustic Guitar (w/ Badi Assad)
Jazz (w/ Wes Montgomery on the cover)
Nashville w/ Chet Atkins
Chicago Blues w/ Muddy Waters on the cover
Retro w/ Brian Setzer on the cover
Rock with Green Day on the cover
Blues (w/ I don't remember who on the cover. SRV maybe?)
and I think 1 or 2 others maybe.

Issues I have and have no CD for:
The Rock one with the Cherry Burst flying V on the cover
The Rock solos one with the cherry burst Les Paul on the cover
Jazz with the Sunburst ES-175 on the cover
Blues with Eric Clapton on the Cover
Rhythm w/ Keith Richards on the cover
and again 1 or 2 others that I can't remember.

Damn. Looking through those made me realize how good they were. They covered lots of ground and were basically collected lessons from Guitar Player magazine with an audio CD to go with them. At some point I need to just start working my way through them.

FRETBUZZ11

Truefire.com compiled all the lessons on a six cd-rom set. Here's the link and description from the site:

http://truefire.com/list.html?item=5064

The How To Play Guitar series was a fruitful labor of love from Guitar Player Magazine, Notes On Call and 86 of the planet's best guitar instructors. Over the course of 30 months, they produced 135 lessons across a 17-issue set that covers Blues, Rock, Country, Jazz, Acoustic, Rhythm, Lead, Nashville and Retro guitar techniques. The series was distributed internationally and was critically acclaimed as the "encyclopedia of guitar instruction." Alas, the full set of 17 magazines is no longer available in the analog world (long since glommed up by collectors). And that's where TrueFire comes in -- we created this e-Cyclopedia version by converting all 135 lessons into MP3 (audio) and PDF (tab) formats and then packaging the entire collection on CD. This new version includes Power Tab files for all examples - now you can "see" and "hear" the tab played out.

coochiebluz

Does anyone happen to have copies of the cds for any of the following issues of the defunct HOW TO PLAY GUITAR MAGAZINE publication, Miller Freeman (early nineties quarterly)?

Here is my list off issues:
  • How to Play the Blues (clapton cover)
  • How to play guitar - basics and beyond
  • Jazz vol. 1 (with cd)
  • (SRV cover) Lead Guitar (with cd)
  • Nashville (with cd)
  • 2 copies of Rhythm! Richards cover, (with cd)
  • Dave Matthews cover vol 2, issue 5
  • Rock
  • Acoustic (with cd)
  • Setzer retro issue (with cd)
  • Country Vince Gill cover (with cd)
  • Chicago blues (with cd)
  • Jazz vol 3 Wes cover (with cd)
I have been collecting for a couple of years. Anyone want to trade?
PM me!
http://s612.photobucket.com/albums/tt208/niblos/?action=view&current=55154.jpg

Robbie
I have 3 HTPG mags all with CDs: Blues! Johnny winter on cover; Retro woth brian setzer on cover; Nashville with chet atkins on cover.
I would like to buy/trade the one with tab to cream/clapton song 'sleepy time time'.

Niblos

Sorry, haven't checked this thread in quite a while. Let me look to see if I have that tab for Cream. I'll shoot you an email if so.

Guys, I'm still looking a copy of the cd to the Clapton BLUES issues for "HOW TO PLAY GUITAR." Please PM me.

qazpnlpn

Do you stiil trade How To Play Guitar, I think I have the Blues CD (Clapton cover) I´m interested in Rhythm Guitar and the Lead Guitar issue

Thanks

coochiebluz

I realise your post is quite old now but I just found it......I have several of the 'how to play' mags but I don't have the blues one with clapton on the cover. are you still collecting them?

I would really like the Tab to Sleepy Time Time (from Fresh Cream), even a photocopy/scan would be great.

Trending Topics