How to Relic Your Amp - BBQ style

Peteyvee

Premium Platinum Member
I'm amazed the Fender badge is still in tact and didn't fall off the way the rest of the grill looks. I honestly can't tell if that was black or blond originally. Hahaha!

The stories that amp must have...
They were brown...must have been in the smoker to get that color...oh and OP, tell Matt I'll give him $500 cash for it. I've been looking for a cheap one of those for a while...

stephenT

The volume is on 9. Yowza!!
Looks like a (shudder) harp players setting,..

Looking at the input jack , it's obvious that blind players were involved !
that's funny!

Forget how it looks, how does it smell?
It smells like pig fat and BBQ sauce. Not in a bad way.

Here's a good photo of a '90s reissue vibroverb when new.

iowa

Corn fed basement hack
Silver Supporting Member
Cool amp.
I was in Atlanta for a week a couple of years ago and ended up at Fat Matt's four nights in a row. Great venue and the Q is excellent.

Kilaen

I ate there a month or so ago for the first time in a long time. I saw that very amp sitting on the stage and thought it must just be a prop at this point. It was mid-day on a Saturday, so no one was playing. Cool to see it get some love, but it looked pretty awesome just the way it was.

CubanB

If that were a woman everyone would be recoiling in horror but because it's an amp, it's seen as amazing. Everyone's had a ride. :roll

bigtone23

It's too bad it's wanted to be made "respectable," as a worn looking Fender is Blues Approved, in my book.
Cap job, tubes, replace any worn jacks (probably Bright #1 as it has pretty much hit it's 10000 insert duty cycle for sure) and pots, tired speakers and maybe a new, but aged grille cloth would be my course of action. Leave the tolex! oh well...

stephenT

Dayum, how hard is it to get the jack in the hole? :dunno

And the #1 Hole seems to be the preffered hole :roll

In defense of the guitar players who've fumbled for the right hole,... the Fat Matts is dark and on the small side for a full band. And they do serve beer.

Trending Topics