1. A proposal is now up as a poll to change the guidelines of TGP to only allow member self-deleting of post/threads for up to thirty days of the original posting it. We are now watching the poll here. Click here to view the thread.

Dismiss Notice

How to remove tubes from TRRI

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by jwri9790, May 19, 2011.

1. jwri9790

jwri9790 Member

I know this is a noob question, but I don't want to get this wrong. Can someone tell me how I should remove the tubes from my Fender Twin Reverb Reissue. Is it just as simply as turning off the power (the amp hasn't been on for about 2 months now), put on some gloves and pulling out the 6L6s. Then I'm not 100% sure about the 12AX7s.

Any suggestions?

2. jwri9790

jwri9790 Member

Basically, all I want to know is can I die if I do this wrong?

3. riffmeister

riffmeister Gold Supporting Member

No risk of death. Just gently pull out the tubes form their sockets, you might need a slight back and forth rocking motion to get them moving. It's just friction on the tube's metal pins that holds them in. Be careful to line up the pins with the sockets when re-inserting, you don't want to bend any of the pins, the 12AX7 pins are somewhat fragile. The power tubes (6L6's) have a plastic guide pin in the center to help you line things up correctly.

Good luck!