• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

how to repair a broken hardshell case?

gdomeier

Gold Supporting Member
I have a fender hardshell case that has a broken hinge on the back. The abs plastic is cracked. Anyone know of a way to repair that?

Epoxy?

The "feet" on my SKB made G&L case are punched in, I just admitted defeat and covered the holes with duck tape.

pcutt

I had this exact problem once (but on a Jackson case). I cut out the hinge and trimmed the edges of hole so it was nice and uniform. Then I made a plastic plate that was larger than the hole, with about 1" overlap. Next I measured and drilled new holes to mount the plastic plate and hinge and used a combination of epoxy and pop rivets for assembly. Worked like a champ.