How to Rock and How not to Rock

steven d

The Breeders are not a ***** band though, nor is Dave Grohl. First one was funny, this is just a really bad sounding cell phone clip of what was probably a good gig if you were down the front for it.
Just my opinion no big deal, the Breeders are a Band that can't play or sing and should have never made it out of their Dayton Garage but then again Millions of people Think Kanye West is a Musical Genius because the Media told them so.
Dave Grohl does Rock but he was not Rocking that day.

Jayyj

Silver Supporting Member
Just my opinion no big deal, the Breeders are a Band that can't play or sing and should have never made it out of their Dayton Garage but then again Millions of people Think Kanye West is a Musical Genius because the Media told them so.
Dave Grohl does Rock but he was not Rocking that day.

Mm. Agree to differ there, then - I think they can both play and sing and would take them any day over a lot of TGP's favourites.

steven d

Mm. Agree to differ there, then - I think they can both play and sing and would take them any day over a lot of TGP's favourites.
Thats cool and i understand, i like alot of Bands that the TGP lot would probably not like but the Breeders is not one of them.

Jayyj

Silver Supporting Member
Okay. I'm a sick person, but I can't get enough of these guys.

Do you know what, there's a bit of me now thinking good on them - they're doing their thing, they're committed to it, it's kind of cool in a so uncool it's gone full circle through cool, back to uncool again and finally settling on cool sort of way.

What was that rather sweet film a few years ago with the heavy metal kids and the girl who played cello? They remind me of them a bit.

steven d

Objectively no more silly than KISS…and these guys are trying to be silly.
I don't think they are trying to be silly but if they are trying to be silly and its all an act then they are awesome if not it is beyond bad. They said the Band had been together many moons lol.
I want to be clear i never want to make fun of young bands starting out or rag on what kind of cheap gear thay have but when your grown adults and been doing it for years and you are that bad then you need to be told the truth.

aman74

Silver Supporting Member
I don't think they are trying to be silly but if they are trying to be silly and its all an act then they are awesome if not it is beyond bad. They said the Band had been together many moons lol.
I want to be clear i never want to make fun of young bands starting out or rag on what kind of cheap gear thay have but when your grown adults and been doing it for years and you are that bad then you need to be told the truth.
They are more than aware that is bad in any traditional sense of the meaning concerning typical expectations of what a band should offer.

Do they think what they’re doing is worthwhile, theatrical, humorous, performance art, etc…? Yes, probably. Do they think it’s masterful even in those regards? I doubt it….but having the wool pulled over people’s eyes and people guessing if it’s a gag or schtick or what it is is a brilliance of its own kind regardless.

Top Bottom