• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

how to run 2 heads in one cab?

ten60

i would like to run two different heads (one at a time) via lehle amp switcher into one speaker cab. what is safest, cleanest ,simplest way to go out from heads? please help

Dave L

Yeah, there´s really no need to look beyond the Headbone. Simple, safe and sweet with great results. It handles splitting the guitar signal to the heads as well as which head goes into the cab.

Another, more expensive solution is using the Palmer PGA01 Triline and PGA02 E-frog together.

steelvalley

Great info - I didn't know such a device existed. What kind of additional wear on the amps do you think you get by leaving both amps on all the time instead of the idle amp being on standby?

ten60

checked out the bone looks like exactly what i want. glad to hear it works well too.thanks alot guys, very helpful.

cfdude

They have issues with high gain amps. I used a mesa for clean and a marshall slx for dirty and would get a feedback loop, a high pitched squeal on the Marshall. I called Radial and talked to the tech. He said this can happen on certain amps as the input transformer is too close to something else in the box. So YMMV.

kurtsstuff

Also.....you can damage your amp with trailing echo's/delays from what I understand....So...if your not using delay your cool...If you are....Might want to check into it first..

teleache

Get a stereo 4x12 is the safest way. Too dangerous any other way. tubes amps always have to have some type of load of tubes-transformers-resisters ect.... anything can happen.

phillyred79

Platinum Supporting Member
Yup, the Radial Headbone works great! I've been using it to compare my amps to each other lately and it's great.. The one thing you should be cautious about is if you use an effects loop because according to the instruction manual a delay pedal or some other modulation type pedal my cause some weird load issues "This means that you cannot use any type of
echo device that prolongs a signal on the amplifier’s effects
loop or after the Headbone in your signal chain. Failure to
do so could cause the echo to continue to play through the
standby amp which, in turn, would continue to amplify the
signal without a load. This could cause the amp or the Head-
bone to malfunction. The Headbone’s internal resistor load
is only designed to support the standby amplifiers residual
output. The Headbone is NOT a load box." From the user manual.

Also make sure you get the right one for either 2 tube heads vs 2 solid state head vs 1 of each.

es125luv

Also.....you can damage your amp with trailing echo's/delays from what I understand....So...if your not using delay your cool...If you are....Might want to check into it first..
I have heard about this too.

I would recommend a cab wired in stereo and just use a good quality ABY switcher like the framptone.

kurtsstuff

Yup, the Radial Headbone works great! I've been using it to compare my amps to each other lately and it's great.. The one thing you should be cautious about is if you use an effects loop because according to the instruction manual a delay pedal or some other modulation type pedal my cause some weird load issues "This means that you cannot use any type of
echo device that prolongs a signal on the amplifier’s effects
loop or after the Headbone in your signal chain. Failure to
do so could cause the echo to continue to play through the
standby amp which, in turn, would continue to amplify the
signal without a load. This could cause the amp or the Head-
bone to malfunction. The Headbone’s internal resistor load
is only designed to support the standby amplifiers residual
output. The Headbone is NOT a load box." From the user manual.

In terms everybody can understand..Tranny's go POOF!!!!!!

zoooombiex

the warning in the headbone manual is important, but not really a big deal. just don't use a delay in the amp's effects loop. in front of the amps (specifically, in front of the headbone) is fine.

Zero

Also with the Headbones there is delay when switching heads. A gap in the sound I mean. It's a split second but if you're going from rhythm head to lead head it could be annoying. Was for me, enough to return it. I understand the Palmer system does not have this problem - but you pay for it.

Dave L

I have to admit I hadn´t thought about how a delay in the loop could potentially damage the amps, but it makes sense. On the other hand, I can´t remember hearing about an amp that has fried from having one note played thru it without a cab hooked up... but I guess repeated strain could cause failure down the line.

Trending Topics