How To Throw A Punk Rock Inspired Party

flume

Double Platinum Member
I cant stomach the mandatory inclusion of families and children in every aspect of culture.

Does everything HAVE to include everyone?

No.

Chrome Dinette

The question here though is what exactly were you looking at which led you to this article, hmm Chrome Dinette? :waiting

Hahaha, says someone posting on a forum where people talk seriously about their favorite gear demo artists.

I cant stomach the mandatory inclusion of families and children in every aspect of culture.

No.

I agree.

The comments on the original article are top notch.

Also, apparently Nancy Spungen's sister Susan worked for Stewart for a while.

Last edited:

thelatrobe33

Most of the "punk" parties I've been to involved loads of the cheapest beer possible, snot rockets, and some "straight edge" asshole inevitably brandishing a knife.

aaronblues

Silver Supporting Member
had to click. Couldn't help myself.
Kinda want someone to punch me in the jaw, to even out my karma.

S. F. Sorrow

The horror.
Freedom self expression and DIY creativity? Unfortunately punk became a horrid cliche by 1980. And the hardcore movement became anything but creative. You gotta restrict how many chords, length of song, dress style etc.
I became so disappointed at what happened to punk by the 80s, it took 20 years to break out the old 70's albums again.

pickaguitar

2011 TGP Silver Medalist
How did the op come across a martha stewart punk party article? And what was the rationale to share it with us? Curious minds are curious

Chrome Dinette

Al Quint(former publisher of Suburban Voice punk zine) posted it on FB. I thought TGP might share some of the target demographic.

Noise Under The Floor

A happy-go-lucky chap, always dressed in black.
Platinum Supporting Member
Hahaha, says someone posting on a forum where people talk seriously about their favorite gear demo artists.
Huh? Ok then, Gold Supporting Member of said forum. I was just kidding around with you given the subject source. Can't say I've partaken in any favorite gear demo artists discussions, not sure where that response came from.

Last edited:

Remer

My member is platinum. See Below.
Double Platinum Member
Cheap beer, loud music, tattooed chicks, lots of posturing, intense conversations, and weed...the new hallmarks of punk parties. Probably some straight edge and vegan dudes too.

Hallogallo

]I cant stomach the mandatory inclusion of families and children in every aspect of culture.
[/B]

No.
Holy crap I agree! I hate when I go to a bar and people have brought their children. Even worse is when they give me dirty looks everytime I curse or say something 'horrible'. What's next a nursery at the strip club?!?!

Trending Topics