How to trade mp3's w/ a remote teacher?

Discussion in 'Recording/Live Sound' started by Jeeves, Feb 7, 2006.

1. Jeeves

Jeeves Member

I'm moving this Friday to a city 350 miles away from home - too far to travel for my guitar lessons. I plan to stay in touch with my teacher and he's already loaded me up with homework. He wants me to record mp3's on my powerbook, which is no problem, and send them to him so he can listen and critique etc etc. There must be an easier way to share files than sending CD's via snail mail. Like uploading to a website or something? Can any members offer me suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

2. noises ten

noises ten Member

Since you are on a Powerbook, you can record into Garageband and choose "convert to itunes" Then iTunes will set up a playlist with your name on it and all of your tracks. It is easy to convert songs to .mp3 format once they are in iTunes..

Hope that helps

3. amper

amper Member

Jeeves, you already answered your own question! Upload them to a web site or something...

Serously, though, if you have any specific questions about the process, I'd be happy to try and answer them.

4. Jeeves

Jeeves Member

Thanks - I guess the main question is which website? Should I just sign up with Yahoo or something for a basic website and domain name? I think they give something like 5 gig for $12/mo...

5. jonleecourage

jonleecourage Member

6. Jeeves

Jeeves Member

Awesome!! You just saved me $12 a month!