How to Velcro down a Ernie Ball volume pedal

Raymond Lin

I just got the Ernie Ball MVP and notice it had 4 big feet and a 9v battery compartment that are raised.

Stupid question time. How do you guys Velcro it to your board? Do you remove all the feet and even the battery compartment?

8len8

Silver Supporting Member
In the past I've replaced the feet with washers and flat head bolts. Mine used an external DC power supply so I just removed the battery door.

TheoDog

Silver Supporting Member
Velcro usually raises the unit above the battery door. That's the case with Dunlop wahs.
Just take the feet off and tape them snide the pedal somewhere.

cbm

Gold Supporting Member
I wouldn't use Velcro. I would use 3M Dual Lock. It holds much better, and won't wiggle as much. I don't know about the battery door, as I only have passive EB pedals, but I removed the feet, and used a modest amount of Dual Lock and it works very well.

InkblotNebula

If I remember right the screws that hold the feet in (at least on the older ones) aren't holding anything but the feet. Just take them out. As for the battery door, Layer velcro until it's higher than the door. This works for me on my old rat.

DaveKS

Build Velcro shims, need some sheet plastic, say from a poly binder found at thrift store about 1mm thick or so. Put hook on 1 side, loop on other, when done it'll be almost 3/16" thick. Then just Velcro bottom of pedal around door, take feet off, then place shims to give you a raised Velcro pad. Make sure you make it as wide a contact area as possible, raising them like this gives a little more movement than just using a single layer. I actually put some short stick on rubber feet in corners to make it more stable, their just a hair shorter than Velcro shims.

Raymond Lin

Thanks guys, I think removing the feet and using 3M tape sounds the best bet, never thought of 3M tape before....

thawn5150

I have an MVP also on my PT 3 board I just put velco on where the pedal meets the rails and left the feet on. No issues for me its rock solid on the PT board .

Phats

Brains.

Remove the rubber feet. When I had an MVP, I also removed the battery door. Keep the screws and feet in a safe place. Flat surface.

semi-hollowbody

do not coat the entire bottom of the pedal with industrial strength Velcro
you will need a crowbar and an act of God to get this pedal off your board
trust me I know

Veritas

Gold Supporting Member
I removed the feet and the battery door. I put them in the original box for safe keeping.

papersun

if it's anything similar to the Ernie Ball Wah the battery door unscrews and comes right out, nice and clean.

Phats

trust me I know
Yeah, this is good advice.

Plus, if you ever decide to sell it and want to reassemble it - its best not to cover any of the stickers underneath.

I had two strips - one near the top part and one near the bottom.

Still pretty stuck on the board, even with just two pieces, since the pedal has lots of surface area, a little Velcro goes a long way.

dbun

trust me I know
Yep..I covered the entire bottom of my POD XTL with velcro and stuck it to the board.

Four guys could not pry that thing off. Suffice to say, I sold it "including hardcase".

Trending Topics