How will the klon centaur sound with my bad cat hot cat 30?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by fetuspetus, Oct 3, 2006.

1. fetuspetus

fetuspetus Member

I just wonder if any of you have had any experience with the bad cat and a klon?

i use a g and l.. and i dialed in a really nice sound even through the "dirty" side of the amp.. where the gain knob is really low it is this really 3d sounding just broken up sound, and I want to try the klon in front of it to get "more" sounds maybe to bring out those natural harmonics a little bit.

I have been fighting myself between getting a klon, or getting an xotic ac or fulldrive II.

I am just worried after waiting for 3 months for it i may get disappointed.. but i just can't resist because, i talked to bill and he said it would work well with my guitar. He had not heard of any klon users using a hot cat.. or at least he acted like he hadn't heard mucha bout it... but said that if it is a high gain aim i should try to get a really big 3d sound out of the clean side. .. well i got my 3d sound so that's where i'm at with it.

Btw i don't play blues or classic rock.. i'm kinda an indie/emo/screamo rocker.. but i do it with class and i hate fuzzy crappy sounding hardcore poop.

Ben

2. Nathan

Nathan Member

If your current tone is 3-D, it will be as much or more so with the Klon. The bigness of sound is ridiculous on the Centaur, unsurpassed IMHO. It's ideal for blues, but very usable in other settings. As long as you recognise it's a fattener of tone, you won't get much "jangly" or "scooped". Picture the Hulk in guitar tone...

3. fetuspetus

fetuspetus Member

thanks for the thoughts. anyone else have opinions?

ben

4. Tonemeister69

Tonemeister69 Member

Ben, read my response on HC

5. fetuspetus

fetuspetus Member

Got it man. thanks :)

I dunno what to think, i have bills to pay too but if i can get by with not eating out much this next month i could probably realistically afford the klon. i dunno.

ben

6. Tonemeister69

Tonemeister69 Member

Dude, that sounds tough.

Personally, I'd wait and get something cheaper for now. You can always order one down the track, right?

But that's just me. Do what you like and best of luch :AOK

7. big mike

big mike Administrator Staff Member

Tough call man, I LOVE my Klon, but I ain't missing no meals LOL

Good luck with your decision.

8. Seegs

Seegs Member

I have a BC Cub with a Wizard and my Klon sounds great with it as well as with all my other pedals...one thing to think about...if you go cheaper for the time being you will eventually lose money buying and selling until you work your way up to the Klon...that was my experience...I had a Klon and thought I could get a cheaper replacement...I worked my way all through the cheaper Klon replacements...losing hundreds in the process until I gave up and got another Klon...

I wouldn't do it in lieu of eating but you will actually save money in the long run by getting a Klon right away if thats what you want...

Chow,
    Seegs

9. fetuspetus

fetuspetus Member

Yeah I'm with that thought process, seegs.

I could get one of these othe rpedals that i have been thinking about.. but i'd still want the klon, even if out of curiousity.

Ben

10. Seegs

Seegs Member

I hear ya Ben...the real beauty of the Klon is...after you get it and you find it isn't all that and a bag of chips you won't lose reselling it...winwin situation...

I had one in for a trial and the RC is a fine pedal but contrary to popular opinion it does not do Klon:)

Chow.
    Seegs

11. rabbit

rabbit Member

Yeah, I think the Klon is one of those ... in most cases. I remember a very beat up Klon on a fleemarket years ago the guy asked 150 EUR for - it was tempting but I unfortunately did not buy it! :(

12. Seegs

Seegs Member

gotta love those fleemarkets...I got one coming up this Sunday...I keep going and I keep hoping to find a deal like that...so far no luck!

Last time I saw something guitar related that wasn't a classical guitar with a warped neck and strings two inches about the fretboard...it was a Morley Basspedal:( but I keep hoping!!

Chow,
    Seegs