1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

How would a warmoth baritone neck work on a...

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by jrm, Aug 23, 2008.

1. jrm

jrm Member

Epiphone Les Paul with a bolt on neck? Is it a direct transplant? I know the distance from the crown of the twelfth fret to the nut needs to be the same distance as the distance from the twelfth fret to the bridge. with a 28.5 inch scale neck, would that work? anyone with a epiphone les paul that can do both the measurements and the math?

2. Joe324

Joe324 Member

The only les paul with a bolt on neck i can think of is the special II which i have. There cheap enough to buy and just try on and if it doesnt work you have a guitar to beat on or just try other mods on!

3. jrm

jrm Member

4. guitarmook

guitarmook Member

I don't think it'll go, because the warmoth necks are designed to retrofit 25.5" scale necks, and the epis are 24", right?

5. PA Woody

PA Woody Member

IIRC LPs have a 24 3/4" scale

6. jrm

jrm Member

That is excellent information. I wasn't sure which scale the warmoth neck is supposed to retrofit.. so, 25.5?