How would you chain these?

Daniel B.

Alright, I have a Rivera Clubster 25 Doce. I plan on using the amp's gain channel, so assume no distortion pedal, just a channel footswitch. I basically sold my worthless POD XTL, so I'm just starting down the individual pedal path. Here are my pedals -

Wah - Dunlop 535Q
Delay - Boss DD20
Phaser - MXR 90
Flanger - MXR M-117R
Loop - Boss RC2
EQ - MXR 10 Band
Tuner Pedal

Where would distortion go if I decided to add it?

Nothing boutique, but I figure they're a good start. The amp has a patch loop (power amp in/preamp out). I know I need to experiment, but somebody point me in the right direction.

Kenny D

Here is the basic rule of thumb. Gain based FX in front of the preamp, timebased FX in the FX loop if you have one.

No one can really tell you how to do this. You have to line up the FX one by one and find where the tone meets your satisfaction.

Here's my best guess though...

Guitar => Tuner => [Dist Pedal] => EQ => Wah => Amp

FX Loop out => Phaser => Flanger => Delay => FX Loop In

I have no experience with an RC-2 or any other kind of looper.

Good luck.

rdba

on using the amp's gain channel, so assume no distortion pedal, just a channel footswitch. I basically sold my worthless POD XTL, so I'm just starting down the individual pedal path. Here are my pedals -

Wah - Dunlop 535Q
Delay - Boss DD20
Phaser - MXR 90
Flanger - MXR M-117R
Loop - Boss RC2
EQ - MXR 10 Band
Tuner Pedal

Where would distortion go if I decided to add it?

Nothing boutique, but I figure they're a good start. The amp has a patch loop (power amp in/preamp out). I know I need to experiment, but somebody point me in the right direction.
try this:
http://www.walletgear.com/images/ball_n_chain_large.jpg

Trending Topics