How would you do this??

Timathie

Looking to run two amps at the same time.

My pedals are a SP compresser, a EP booster, a MXR 10 band eq, a Keeley 30ms, and a Keeley Aurora reverb.

My amps are a Fender mustang 1 and a Ampeg ba series 108 (works great as a guitar amp).

The question is which effects would you use with each amp.

Thank you for your answers and time. - Tim

Clark GriswoId

Looks Great. Little Full, Lotta Sap.
Silver Supporting Member
Aby pedal.... Put the effects in front of the aby and both amps get everything

tripperj

Are you trying to run stereo, A/B/Y, or some sort of blend? Different situations require different solutions.

DaveKS

Me I'd split signal to each amp (active buffered splitter) and do wet/dry setup with 30ms and Aurora on wet amp only. As far as which amp for what I haven't a clue what you play or styles.

Might look at flipping your mxr 10band for the Kerry King version, it gives you dual buffered outputs that are great for doing what you want.

Timathie

Me I'd split signal to each amp (active buffered splitter) and do wet/dry setup with 30ms and Aurora on wet amp only. As far as which amp for what I haven't a clue what you play or styles.

Might look at flipping your mxr 10band for the Kerry King version, it gives you dual buffered outputs that are great for doing what you want.
Thanks for the tip on the EQ. I will look into that.

Timathie

I was thinking that myself. The 30ms and Aurora into the Ampeg. All the others into the Fender.

Mr2D

Looking to run two amps at the same time.

My pedals are a SP compresser, a EP booster, a MXR 10 band eq, a Keeley 30ms, and a Keeley Aurora reverb.

My amps are a Fender mustang 1 and a Ampeg ba series 108 (works great as a guitar amp).

The question is which effects would you use with each amp.

Thank you for your answers and time. - Tim
If you use the Keeley 30 ms with the splitter you get with it, you can run it wet/dry in double track pro mode using the dip switches inside, no need to ABY/buffered splitter

Glass Onion

Toneful truth seeker.
Platinum Supporting Member
Yeah I would probably go wet/dry as well. I think it would sound better than all effects into both amps. But experiment to see what works. That is half the fun. Just set stuff up till you find the sound you like best.

You may end up with a strange order thst works awesome and gives YOU a distinct and original sound you end up loving.

Glass Onion

Toneful truth seeker.
Platinum Supporting Member
Problem is depending on how it is set the tip is deactivated when you bypass so that amp would be off in 30ms bypass.

Trending Topics