How would you make this bland black guitar prettier?

G34RSLU7

I bought this guitar because it fits my spec and was really cheap in mint condition, i'm a lefty so i really can't be picky about color, but the black on black just looks so bland.

any suggestions to cheer it up? i was thinking i could put white pickups in it instead and put these pickups in my other natural finish mahogany charvel which i was gonna put a JB trembucker in anyway.

maybe you guys have some other cool ideas? i had thought about having the paint stripped professionally but that would probably be really costy...

bettset

Find a good motorcycle pinstriper....I’d probably pick gold for the color..... take a look at Billy Gibbons SG..
don't strip the paint......try this idea^^^^^. and then, alex lifeson used a prs in black back on i think their 30th tour. it looked bland, but sounded solid :munch

G34RSLU7

Kind of crappy you ended up with black because Charvel has some pretty awesome colors in their lineup.

But if it were me, I would put in some zebra humbuckers for sure.
i'm lefty, they only offered black for san dimas models, they sell a socal in white, but i haven't found one used yet and i wouldn't buy it new when i can buy a san dimas for half that with the pickups i actually like.

zebra or white pickups sounds like a good idea, and maybe some cream pickup rings

panther_king

If you're swapping pickups anyways, matching knobs would go a long way towards brightening it up with little financial impact. A complete hardware swap to nickel or gold would brighten it up too, but that's a lot more costly than 2 knobs and a switch top.

White/Zebra with white, or Nickel/Gold covers with knobs to match always looks good on black. If you go white knobs, you can get crazy - speed knobs, top hats, bell, lamp shade, chicken... go nuts to find something you like.

radiolab

Well first you should tell us or show us what type of guitars you like. You could go super vintage looking or super modern looking. Or 80s hair looking. But without any preference, we’d be shooting in the dark

G34RSLU7

If you're swapping pickups anyways, matching knobs would go a long way towards brightening it up with little financial impact. A complete hardware swap to nickel or gold would brighten it up too, but that's a lot more costly than 2 knobs and a switch top.

White/Zebra with white, or Nickel/Gold covers with knobs to match always looks good on black. If you go white knobs, you can get crazy - speed knobs, top hats, bell, lamp shade, chicken... go nuts to find something you like.
oh yeah i forgot to mention i'll definitely put speed knobs on it too! i should try to find some white ones to match white pickups

Well first you should tell us or show us what type of guitars you like. You could go super vintage looking or super modern looking. Or 80s hair looking. But without any preference, we’d be shooting in the dark
anything that is not black on black or military green lol