How would you make this bland black guitar prettier?

Trick Fall

Kind of crappy you ended up with black because Charvel has some pretty awesome colors in their lineup.

But if it were me, I would put in some zebra humbuckers for sure.
not for lefties. It's pretty much black, or white for us. I'd think about switching the pickups and knobs if it were me. I do like it the way it is though.

hank57

Platinum Supporting Member
If you’re changing pickups go with metal covers or zebra uncovered.
The knobs could be like a telecaster, knurled chrome.
One sticker between strap button and bridge that means something to you.
I have four stickers from the drag strip my dad took me to. I’m planning on putting one on a relic of mine.
You can also add a pickguard like the El Chupacabra which sits just in the lower bout.

G34RSLU7

Sell it and get one you like the looks of.

There are a ton of guitars out there at every price point. Though being a lefty puts the pinch on this, I'm sure.

Whatever you decide, good luck with it.
i'm a lefty, it's impossible to find the specs i want (floyd, S style body, no pointy headstock, 12-16 compound radius with 43mm nut, C shape neck) in a finish i like without going custom.

on top of that i found this one for half the retail price in mint condition!

derekd

Silver Supporting Member
i'm a lefty, it's impossible to find the specs i want (floyd, S style body, no pointy headstock, 12-16 compound radius with 43mm nut) in a finish i like without going custom
Yeah, I'll bet it is tough.

Have you looked at Warmoth?

G34RSLU7

Yeah, I'll bet it is tough.

Have you looked at Warmoth?
warmoth+shipping and import costs+ a luthier to put it together etc would cost me about as much as a custom built by a local luthier.

the cheapest would be kiesel for a custom, but they don't offer 12-16" afaik and i'd have to swap out the pickups too, and it would still cost at least triple of what i paid for this charvel.

my main guitar is also a charvel (musiczoo natural series) so it's nice to have a 2nd one as i quite like the charvel neck.

i think changing the knobs to white or amber and pickups+mounting rings to white or zebra would make it look quite good! maybe a tweety sticker or something too lol

Patrick B

I also do not care for black guitars. If I were not going to strip it, I would do a relic job, those are the only black ones I prefer. I had a black Peavey Raptor once, and stripped it to paint is blue and did a Paisley pickguard.

G34RSLU7

I also do not care for black guitars. If I were not going to strip it, I would do a relic job, those are the only black ones I prefer. I had a black Peavey Raptor once, and stripped it to paint is blue and did a Paisley pickguard.
the idea of relic has crossed my mind, but i don't know if it would look good together with the gloss finish

pepedede

I like what you said, pickups with white bobbins would look cool, not cream as it's too close to the maple neck.

I'm not a fan of any gold hardware and once it starts tarnishing it looks worse.

Trending Topics