• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

How would you make this bland black guitar prettier?

G34RSLU7

You could order some pickups with chrome bobbins. Or gold. DiMarzio can make them for you. Uncovered sound with the metallic look. You can even order chrome/black/gold pole pieces. And knobs, of course. Chrome/nickel hardware. Or gold.
i'm going with duncan JB/Jazz pickups

Fu Schnickens

i'm going with duncan JB/Jazz pickups
Yes, Duncan has far fewer color options to choose from. I had a Charvel Model 3 with a JB bridge, and it sounded like like Poison/Warrant/Winger hair metal. It was an '86, so... I hope you have better luck with the JB in yours.

Trick Fall

it's allright, i got a great deal on this guitar, and i think having a lack of choice has helped me prevent impulse buying guitars lol
Probably true about the impulse buying, but once, or twice I've bought something on impulse just because I knew it would be a long time if ever before I saw a lefty of that guitar again.

vds5000

Chrome hardware (incl. trem) and chrome pickup covers. If you want to spend a bit more, do it in gold.

A cheaper (and still non-evasive) option would just be to swap out the pickups for ones that aren't black.

G34RSLU7

Probably true about the impulse buying, but once, or twice I've bought something on impulse just because I knew it would be a long time if ever before I saw a lefty of that guitar again.
i have been with one guitar for almost 4 years, i'm really picky about specs and i didn't feel the new charvels are worth the retail price with the finish/pickup options they have (plain black or white), but when i saw this ad i had to jump on it!

musekatcher

I like it.. I do see that its a bit monochromatic though. It has a squared lower bout like a telecaster. I'd think about a white telecaster shaped pickguard, or, maybe a black 3 or 5 layer tele pickguard, that would give you a white outline. Its nice as-is, but I think I'd try a black/white/black tele shaped pickguard.

Dannyz

Add a sticker of your liking ala' Jerry Cantrell. You can place it between pickups, on the forearm contour.

fendergeek

I’m pretty sure you can order your JB/Jazz in double cream if you ask, they’ll just put covers on them....... real easy to remove. Love the JB/Jazz btw. Don’t listen to the gold hardware people

G34RSLU7

I’m pretty sure you can order your JB/Jazz in double cream if you ask, they’ll just put covers on them....... real easy to remove. Love the JB/Jazz btw. Don’t listen to the gold hardware people
i'm not gonna spend much extra to get double cream, i'll just get zebra instead then. and yeah i'm not gonna put gold hardware on anything, ever. :D

your name here

Silver Supporting Member
Do you have young kids? If so, take the neck and everything off of the body, give the kids some Posca paint pens and let ‘em draw on it. Then spray some clear over it and you’re ready to rock.

:D

Trending Topics