• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

How would you order these pedals?

Trem first, Delay last - my general rule of thumb. Flanger/Phaser/Chorus shouldn't be too much of a deal. I'm curious what others would say besides 'experiment' :)
But my amp has trem and it's 'last' in the chain and still sounds great.

59Bassman

Plank Cranker
Gold Supporting Member
Phaser (in front of the amp, preferrably)
Chorus
Flange
Delay
Trem

I always want the Trem last, I don't like the odd slaps that happen when delay follows trem. I also like the effect that phaser gets in front of any amp/pedal grit.

TheoDog

Silver Supporting Member
I would not order them, I would search for used ones in the emporium, although Prymaxe has 20% off right now. :anon

Kidding aside- phase (before drive), chorus, flange (doesn't really matter since they probably won't both be on at the same time), trem, Delay, (Reverb last- maybe it's in the amp?)

Super Locrian

I would say that the main question in this case is "before or after delay", as it is quite rare (for me at least) to use any of the other effects simultaneously. Most people will say that delay always goes towards the end, but I think there are valid uses for modulation both before and after delay. So much so, that I would consider to have a flip-flop pedal to switch the position of the delay in the chain, or alternatively 2 delay pedals on the board (with modulation effects in between them) which is how I am doing it currently.

4b454e

Silver Supporting Member
Phaser
Flanger
(I think the order of these two doesn't matter since both won't likely be on at the same time - and if they would be, I'm not sure the order bc I've never used both at once :)

Delay

(Dirt) - I vacillate but usually like a basic delay before dirt - more 'special effect' type delays I prefer after dirt

Chorus
Trem
(Reverb) - again I vacillate but usually like trem before verb

OverdriveLover

Silver Supporting Member
Phaser
Flanger
Chorus
Analog Delay
Tremolo
Digital Delay
Reverb